Dive Rite 4lb Travel Weight Pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use very similar pockets with soft shot weights, it is easy to click open and pinch a soft weight and pull it out. I think this would be actually more difficult upside down.

Just don’t mount them where you can’t reach them, like too far back on the waist, or behind you on a cam band, and I think they can be ditched, try and see.

They’re not quick release, but after finding quick release weight pouches on the bottom of the sea I’m OK with having to squeeze a clip.

I can reach mine pretty easily on my bottom cam band. Click n release, pull out, and ditch.

I have some that are similar (generic) and tried them (inverted) on my lower tank band. Although i could reach them I moved them to my harness waist strap and like that better, mainly for weight distribution. On my tank band if I leaned too much one way it would tend to flip over on my back :( The stainless slide looks like a necessary addition and perhaps two might be better, but these look sturdier than mine so one might be OK.

I agree with aquacat8 that if right-side-up they are easy enough to open and pull out the weight, assuming they are placed where they are accessible.

I just bought some from Dive Gear Express. Before I bought them, I asked them that same question and they said they would be ditchable.

I have them mounted, but haven’t tried them yet. I think they will be a very good ditchable pocket when mounted upside down.

Back
Top Bottom