How does your computer handle deep dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What you are writing is complete crap. If someone believes you they will end up hurt.
As you say you have no deco dives and no experience. A day ago you didnt even know what your comouter was saying. And a month ago you didnt even know it had a light.

Please go out and learn

I will, Daniel... Just reporting what I have noted on 3 "accelerated" deco simulations.

The first one did not have a deep stop... just the 10 ft long deco min, which I can not remember

The second one did have a deep stop, but it was like only slightly exceeding the NDL.... and it DID have a deep stop, although short, and a short 10 ft stop.

The third one, exceeded the NDL by a whole lot... and it did NOT have a deep stop.

I will keep on testing it... just in case I "blew by" the mandatory deep stop. I am pretty sure I did, as I ascended very slowly on a line with my smb, and noted it continously on my arm as I ascended.

I might have to contact the mare's rep and see how the algorhytm is planned out with the puck

I still can not get the light to go on on either computers. I do not think it is a defect. It said in the book to depress the button for a few seconds...

Maybe I turned it off in a "battery saving mode"??... Have to go back and play with it more at home.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not, but I'll bite.
I have Mares Matrix, with similar screen, with only difference it will change color of middle field to black when past NDL.
But, back to your computer. I looked at Puck manual and it took me minute to notice that if you're within NDL you will have only one number in the middle of the middle field:time to no deco limit. If you get deep stop, it will display two numbers, depth of your stop (which is not mandatory) on the left of the middle field and time to no deco limit in the middle of the middle field. If you actually do get deco limit it will display three numbers:depth of your stop (which is mandatory)on the left of the middle field, time of your stop in the middle of the middle field and third number will show total time it will take you to reach surface on the right of the middle field.
Sorry for saying lot of middle field, but it seems you need all the help you can get.
So, in short:
1 number- you are still away from NDL
2 numbers- you are close to NDL
3 numbers- you are over NDL.
For the rest of the things you said, I'll keep quiet.

I still can not get the light to go on on either computers. I do not think it is a defect. It said in the book to depress the button for a few seconds...

Maybe I turned it off in a "battery saving mode"??... Have to go back and play with it more at home.

That is why I think deco on recreational dives factors in SAC (or poor SAC) and small air supply (80cu ft)..... Where as technical computers like the perdix... have two different mode - tech vs rec.... that probably factor in single small tank for rec mode.

And it might skip the deeper deco stop for the sake of maximizing benefit to the diver. Understanding that not all components would gas off as efficiently at 9 m than deeper...
Dude, you are still making stuff up. Your computer (and most of them) has NO idea what size tank you have. You are fantasizing to cover your ignorance. You don't understand your manual, you don't understand your computer, you don't understand what people are saying to you. And you are confusing flames with facts.

The op will not see this since I have been on his ignore list since day one but I will say its damn hard to understand and evaluate a dive computer’s deco algorithm when you don’t know the first thing about deco theory and apparently unwilling/able to learn (by his own admission).

I still had half tank at the ndl limit. Enough for plenty of deco.
Until you get a freeflow and don't have a redundant gas supply (I'm assuming single tank here, since you said "half tank"). If/when that happens and you owe "plenty of deco", you may well find yourself having to choose between being bent and being drowned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom