How does your computer handle deep dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My guess the algorhythm is continous... so you can drift between 30 ft and 10 ft and it will continue to subtract from the deco timer...

My guess the algorhythm is continous... so you can drift between 30 ft and 10 ft and it will continue to subtract from the deco timer...
Just dont do deco when you are not qualified to do so.

Tbh you keep trying to justify a thing and i am done.

You have no idea what you are doing. And you will get yourself hurt. Please take a course on deco before going above ndl

Never had.. and never will...

over 320 dives and never had obligatory deco once.... But if it did happen... the 10 ... 2 thing will now not confuse me..

it will simply go 10 2.... then 10 3... and up and up to 10 38

Wish the mare's book would explain it easier..

And occasionally... there will be a half depth deco... if you are still early in the deco requirement

I am guessing if I had to do mandatory deco... I will ascend to 20 ft... and check the timer to meet the time required at 10 ft..

then ascend to 10 ft once I have met it... to see how much extra I need to do..

As the puck does not give you the timer until you are between 8 ft and 12 ft...

Any suggestions??

I feel safer at 20 to 15 ft... like you said... less wave action, and a little more control over bouyancy...

Never had.. and never will...

over 320 dives and never had obligatory deco once.... But if it did happen... the 10 ... 2 thing will now not confuse me..

it will simply go 10 2.... then 10 3... and up and up to 10 38

Wish the mare's book would explain it easier..

And occasionally... there will be a half depth deco... if you are still early in the deco requirement
With a 38min ceiling at 3m you shoukd have deco at deeper depths

Even 40m for 30 min is only going to give you 15min at 3m but if you want to 3m you woukd have busted through
1min at 18
2min at 15
3min at 12
6min at 9
8min at 6

It is not get to 3m and weight it out you have to follow the curve. You cant just do what you want. If you go to 6m when your comouter says 3 you are still ongassing compartments. If your comouter is out of ndl you have to move on the second and stop at the precise depth.
If you are over ndl you have ****** up

With a 38min ceiling at 3m you shoukd have deco at deeper depths

Actually not...
That was what surprised me...

The deeper depth was only required for shorter deco time... I believe it was like only 10 ... 2 min..

The 10 ft 38 min was my third dive testing the computer.. I think, like the article said... there is compensation for lack of air and maximizing the deco ability of what a recreational diver carried... 80 cf vs 160 or more for doubles with technical diver.... where you have the luxury of doing the half depth deco... up to the surface

That is why I think deco on recreational dives factors in SAC (or poor SAC) and small air supply (80cu ft)..... Where as technical computers like the perdix... have two different mode - tech vs rec.... that probably factor in single small tank for rec mode.

And it might skip the deeper deco stop for the sake of maximizing benefit to the diver. Understanding that not all components would gas off as efficiently at 9 m than deeper...

Actually not...
That was what surprised me...

The deeper depth was only required for shorter deco time... I believe it was like only 10 ... 2 min..

The 10 ft 38 min was my third dive testing the computer.. I think, like the article said... there is compensation for lack of air and maximizing the deco ability of what a recreational diver carried... 80 cf vs 160 or more for doubles with technical diver.... where you have the luxury of doing the half depth deco... up to the surface
Deco is deco. No matter the algorithm depth or time i can not get a dive to plan me 38min at 3m without giving me additional deco deeper. Please read up on deco theory and understand why what you are saying is bollocks

That is why I think deco on recreational dives factors in SAC (or poor SAC) and small air supply (80cu ft)..... Where as technical computers like the perdix... have two different mode - tech vs rec.... that probably factor in single small tank for rec mode.

And it might skip the deeper deco stop for the sake of maximizing benefit to the diver. Understanding that not all components would gas off as efficiently at 9 m than deeper...
What you are writing is complete crap. If someone believes you they will end up hurt.
As you say you have no deco dives and no experience. A day ago you didnt even know what your comouter was saying. And a month ago you didnt even know it had a light.

Please go out and learn

Back
Top Bottom