How does your computer handle deep dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There seems to be only 1 person who actually owns a Mares Puck, who actually have put it through an accelerated decompression protocol like I have...

And the rest are just flamers and know it all... who never have actually put THEIR OWN computer through the test.... and so could NOT tell me how THEIR OWN computer manages mandatory DECO.

Here is another thread that confirms my finding on SB:
""

Mares Matrix computer.
When we wend beyond the ne-deco limit, the computer showed me to do a deco stop at 3m! which is quite strange and my instructor was also surprised to see a deco stop at that depth, since the usual stop is at 6m.""

And for the comment to folks who doesn't believe the 10 ft deco stop exists:

"This tells me that your instructor has a massive gap in his/her knowledge. 'The usual stop is at 6m'? Utter nonsense. On dedicated technical diving computers such as the Shearwaters, and in most dive-planning software, it is possible to select 3m or 6m (and, in some cases, 4.5m) as the final stop depth. Frankly, if your instructor isn't aware of this, he/she probably shouldn't be teaching decompression diving"

So the know it alls can only flame... and when it doesn't match what they believe it should be ,.... they said that the poster is an "internet diver"... a "SB troll".... or "made it up"...

The biggest bunch of bull mierda on SB is that people who doesn't know S%%t thinks they know it all... and their certification allows them to call others name and write them off as troll or bullsh$$ter

So... you want to say " you took a DM class and you don't know??"

So... you want to say " you are SOLO diver and you don't know??"

It seems like all these famous posters on SB are the ones who don't know... except how to flame others who asked honest and frank questions........

It is sad when SB has fallen to the point of useless users providing useless information... and knowing squat about diving!

Here is another computer with options at 10 ft, I think the 10 ft maximizes air use for nontechnical dives:

Sunto.com
You can adjust the last stop depth for decompression dives under Dive settings / Parameters / Last stop depth. There are three options 3, 4.5 and 6 m (10, 15 and 20 ft).

Alot of people stop at 6m because it is a ppo2 of 1.6 at 100% giving the deepest depth for a switch to 100% o2 and really opening up the window for accelerated deco.

3m is the so called vomit depth as you are going to get hit by wave motion and will find it harder to hold the stop but tbh in calm water is no harder than 6.0m

As you should know offgassing is done on a curve and the idea is to stay below the curve. The way the curve works when you go into ndl is to stop you going above 3m then it will switch to a 6m and then a 3m then a 9m 6m and 3m. And so on and so on.
Most people set their last stop to be 6m and have 3m steps for ease of working. If you computer really wanted it could stop you at 1m 2m 3m 4m 5m 6m 7m......

If the algorithm can it will get you close to your ceiling and keep you there till it expires and you can surface. This in noway means it is taking into consideration your air use it is how deco works.

Your computer is a dangerous tool. It tells you what you should do and not what you can do. Also consider that you may have enough gas for you but do you have enough gas for a buddy also.
Are you diving rock bottom gas usage.for a dive to 30m with no deco you shoukd be leaving the bottom with 87bar or gas in a 12l tank. Add on 6mins at 6m and that start rising fast.

30m for 30min shoukd give you 5m of deco at 6m.

If i change last stop to 3m i get a 3min stop.

I woukd still much rather be at 6m though

Actually, the mares puck DOES give you credit for doing deco at 20 ft if you chose. It just does not show it on the screen.... It just simply promp DECO 10 ft .... XX min..

But as you go between 8 and 12 ft... you can see it was subtracting from the decom time clock..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom