HOG BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Kay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I recently purchased a HOG bcd and thinking of returning it. Has anyone had a similar concern. The material of the straps is so rigid that i find it impossible to make adjustments through D rings, buckles, etc. It's just too stiff. I don't think I could make adjustments on a dive trip. Any comments?? Thanks

Theyre not easy to adjust. My instructor uses HOG BC's and we had to adjust one to work for me. That is not something that I would want to mess with underway on a dive boat.

That being said...I liked the BC once we got it adjusted. Both underwater and having to walk around with the gear on (comfortable straps). I'm planning on buying one from him shortly.

Actually, I find the HOG webbing to be a bit softer than other webbing I have seen used in harnesses. Can you be a little more specific on what you have? Post pictures maybe?
First step is always to talk to your dealer who will know exactly what you have and if you have non-standard webbing.
You really shouldn't be adjusting it all the time once you get it fitted so it is not surprising that it isn't super easy.

Actually, I find the HOG webbing to be a bit softer than other webbing I have seen used in harnesses. Can you be a little more specific on what you have? Post pictures maybe?
First step is always to talk to your dealer who will know exactly what you have and if you have non-standard webbing.
You really shouldn't be adjusting it all the time once you get it fitted so it is not surprising that it isn't super easy.

That is my take on it, as well. It's a bit of a process, but once you get it adjusted to work for you...you should be good to go.

Talk with your dealer OP. When I pick mine up...I'm going to make sure that we adjust it on the spot.

Just throwing another "you really shouldn't need to adjust it after the first time" response in here. Is there a reason you find it necessary to adjust regularly?

My sidemount harness is a HOG. No problems adjusting it at all. And, as others have said, you should only need to adjust it once, unless you have a major weight change.

My sidemount harness is a HOG. No problems adjusting it at all. And, as others have said, you should only need to adjust it once, unless you have a major weight change.

I adjust mine (Agir, Not HOG) when i go from Dry to wet and vice versa.

Also i recently lost a lot of weigh.

I see no problem to adjust even with very rigid webbing, it takes a few minutes to move the tri-glides.

I adjust mine (Agir, Not HOG) when i go from Dry to wet and vice versa.

I'm a warm water wussy. I don't dive dry, even in the cenotes. I generally dive in just a dive skin.

Also i recently lost a lot of weigh.

Good for you, if it was intentional. I'm so sorry, if it was something like chemotherapy (I dropped 80 pounds in 6 months on the chemo diet...).

I see no problem to adjust even with very rigid webbing, it takes a few minutes to move the tri-glides.

Ditto. I just had that harness out, replacing a couple bolts, so I checked the webbing. It is, in fact, stiffer than the webbing on my BP/W, but still quite easy to adjust.

Back
Top Bottom