Dive Rite Rec EXP 45# (probably current version) - thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DDKL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

I’ve been offered a near new Dive Rite Rec EXP at a reasonable price and have been trying to get some info on it past the basic specs.

I’m looking for a wing that can handle double LP85s, HP100s or Al80s with one stage and was wondering what people think about this as an option. Most comments reccommend between 40 and 50# wings for these applications.

I don’t want to use it as a single wing so that’s not an issue.

There are very few reviews out there and most comments are aimed at people wanting a dual purpose wing.

I just need a wing that can handle the above tank options (all under 7.25 inch diameter) and doesn’t have issues with trim / buoyancy distribution. I’ll primarily be diving dry (if wet it would be only with AL80s).

I’d appreciate any input on this wing or if anyone has something they think would be more appropriate lying around I’d be interested in that as well.

Thanks,

D.

I have a Rec EXP, which I use with double HP120s. It is great for that. They are 7.25" tanks. I think the Rec wing is too narrow to work well with 8" tanks.

I have used it with those tanks plus an AL40 many times also and it's fine then, too, though I do think that is about the limit of what I'd use that wing for.

I have tried other wings, including Oxycheq and Halcyon and for me the Dive Rite wings trim out much more nicely. No need for a tail weight, like I had with the Oxy and H. I also have a DR Classic XT and it trims out nicely just like the Rec

Good to hear. I wouldn’t choose it for anything larger but with a drysuit I think it should be good.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom