What was the best training you ever did?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TooManyHobbies

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm a pretty new diver, as evidenced by the numbers under my goofy picture and the many questions you have all been helping me answer the past few days.
So far I've done PADI OW, AOW, and NITROX. In the near future, my continuing training will be... diving more!

However, I know there is lots left to learn that I may or may not learn well through personal experience. So, what was the best training you ever did? What level class? What organization? Where at? Go ahead and name drop your instructor if you want!

I want all the stories.

SSI Rescue Diver....hands down...like a two day marine boot camp:eek:

So far.....NASE and NAUI Rescue Diver & Advanced Rescue Diver. You'll learn a lot about not only what to look for in other divers and how to prevent incidents/accidents before they occur, but also how to recognize issues with yourself and how to self-rescue in an emergency situation. You'll learn a lot about yourself as a diver and build some confidence in your abilities, too. And course there are of course the prerequisite CPR & First Aid and DAN O2 Provider courses, too.

Actually, rescue was really a great education.

Truth be told, I have greatly enjoyed all of my classes. Thing is, I put a lot in to them, challenged myself, challenged the instructor to make it "worth while", and enjoyed the camaraderie with those I took these sessions with...

As to agency, you can look at those in my profile. Truth be told, it is the instructor, not the agency...

Best course I did was the IANTD Essential and Cavern together in Spain
It also was depending on the instructor I had. They helped me a lot to improve and being a smart and calm diver.

Therefore I can recommend it to everyone doing an intro tech course, even if you are not intrested in further tech diving. Was so far my best invested money in diving courses

Decompression Procedures @ Hal Watts as formal course.
Trace Malinowski for a workshop.
My NAUI IDC with Tom Wilson in 2002 when I became an instructor as Professional Development.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom