Mt Agung Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That being the case, I hope his other info is more correct.

Luckily, it is a strombolian eruption, which is the least dangerous. There is no report of any casualties this morning and locals living nearby evacuated their homes last night. My commute makes me pass the airport strip every day and I saw a domestic flight taking off this morning. Flights are therefore running as the winds are heading away from the airport.

My friend in Padang Bai said they knew nothing of it until seeing the video on the news but then got a surprise reaction. They said it's not flowing lava but the heat and/or sparks have the flora on fire.

Saw on a friends instagram there is lava flowing currently.
No lava flowing. There was some hot rocks ejected from the crater which caused brush fires. Big red glares easily mistaken at night which has led to many mistaking that...

No lava flowing. There was some hot rocks ejected from the crater which caused brush fires. Big red glares easily mistaken at night which has led to many mistaking that...

My bad...I guess I'm one of the fake news social media now!

Back
Top Bottom