Regulator Suggestions for the Wife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My MK25/S600/S600 performed very well relative to most/all students regs, no complaints, in 30-60'.

DeepSix Signature second, tuned to almost free flow, with the Mk25 is maybe even nicer. DeepSix first and second has been very good.

If you went vintage, my 108 is tough breathing, my finely tuned 109 balanced is very nice, but likely not as nice as my DeepSix. A G260 is likely a better 'vintage' choice and seems well regarded, possibly better so than the 600 series.

That is an ideal dive buddy. Depending on fit, I'd have her using my gear (regs/BC) while I rented, a good chance to try new stuff out. Even if my rental was crappy. "Hon, what do you think of another little dive or pool session, I'd like to try out another reg set. We could also try a different BC for you, mine did not seem the right fit. We could explore the shore after."

Give wife your regulator and buy a cheaper regulator for yourself. This seems simple and obvious.
Or sell your reg and buy a pair of cheaper ones. You will not notice the difference.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Buying a G260 / MK25

Back
Top Bottom