Regulator Suggestions for the Wife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ankush Mittal

Addicted to Diving!
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Guys,

Took my wife diving on our honeymoon and she was having a tough time adjusting to breathing underwater using the cheap rental reg. so I gave her my S620Ti to try and lo and behold she adjusted very quickly due to being able to breathe much easier.

I will be buying her new gear as we go along and she starts to get certified, but I wanted to buy a nice regulator for her which is a good combination of Price vs Quality so that she can dive easily.

In your opinion what are your suggested regulator options which don't cost an arm and leg like the S620Ti while they breathe easy enough?

Cheers.

Well thats the thing, her dives are in single digit right now, and there is no sense buying a S620Ti for her at this stage, specially if she won't continue diving. Its financially unsound for us. Which in turn means that the value she places on it will not be greater than another model as long as it does the job.

I am just looking for something which will get her going into Scuba Diving and if she gets enough dives in her belt I will upgrade her gear.
If it’s good enough for you it’s good enough for your wife.

I don’t limit things I buy my wife by their cost, just the value they are to her.

All Atomic models are effortless breathers with the same 2yr/300 dive service interval. The price goes up as the metal gets more exotic.
a Z2 is $439
Atomic Aquatics Z2 Regulator

LP also has last years Aqualiung Mikron on closeout at $349 - sized for a smaller mouth

Aqualung Mikron

hopefully you can find similar prices locally although they ship worldwide

You took the words right out of my mouth, I didn't want to say anything because there are enough people on this forum who hijack the conversation to take out the issues with your needs and requirements.
Buy her a reg that will make a good deco reg someday. :)

Reactions: Pao
Well thats the thing, her dives are in single digit right now, and there is no sense buying a S620Ti for her at this stage, specially if she won't continue diving. Its financially unsound for us. Which in turn means that the value she places on it will not be greater than another model as long as it does the job.

I am just looking for something which will get her going into Scuba Diving and if she gets enough dives in her belt I will upgrade her gear.
Buying her an inferiority product could be the difference of you having a buddy for life or always on the lookout for one. Do you really want to sway her enjoyment of diving for a few £ $ ?

Point well taken. Will keep it in my mind when making a decision. You make a very compelling argument.
Difference is 100% between the S620Ti and the other options I was looking at, will save up and get her the best, she can use mine until I can afford it i guess lol.

Buying her an inferiority product could be the difference of you having a buddy for life or always on the lookout for one. Do you really want to sway her enjoyment of diving for a few £ $ ?

Back
Top Bottom