Removing my 6' long hose for open rec diving- ideal length for open water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I finally got in the water today after a few years off from the sport. The new hoses worked out well. 24" on the backup, 18" inflator, bumped up the SPG 2" so I can see it better, and the 5' primary just fits without a canister light. The hose is up in my right armpit, so not a lot of slack.

I had my tank way too high, the top of the 1st stage was nearly even with the top of my head! I'll drop it down about 6" the next time. By the time I got through the surf and underwater, I wasn't going back to move the tank. It was a little choppy and I even lost the top of my brand new dive flag in the waves, bummer.

IMG_1175.jpg
IMG_1174.jpg

Looks like my inflator came out of it's bungie loop in this pic. Also need to work on that beer gut. After the inflator is put back to where it needs to be, the beer gut is the lowest object.

Ah!!!!!! Nice warm water. Looking good (@zimm17 ).

Here's a couple of pics I pulled from my archives. How do the hose lengths look?

HOLY JOKER BATMAN!!!!
29415261198_37e5353bdb_b-jpg.468186.jpg

My longhose can be a bit of a pain if I’m diving off ribs with no ladders which is what I mostly do.

But underwater it’s definitely not a pain if someone goes OOG, and that’s more important.

I can hoof myself into the rib with all my gear on (single tank) but the oldies get jealous of my youth!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom