Diving in Bali in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're just teasing me now as you know I'm not going until October! I will feel lucky just seeing one of these amazing creatures although I'd love to see the pipefish and pygmy seahorses!

2018-08-28_08-09-24.jpg
2018-08-28_08-11-40.jpg

The ghost pipefish and harlequin shrimp. Not from this dive, but taken at same location on previous trip.

@Wisnu May I ask which dive site(s) you took those photos from? I'm planning on going back to Bali in December.

Thank you.

@Wisnu May I ask which dive site(s) you took those photos from? I'm planning on going back to Bali in December.

Thank you.

Hi Ladra,
I took it at Seraya, left side facing the sea. Lot of ghost pipefishes right now.
The harlequin shrimps were at 23 m.
Talk to your guide, he should be able to find it for you.
Today we dive melasti. SI for third dive now.
lot of ghost pipefishes and doto aka doughnut nudibrach.
Almost gave up taking pics of the 2 mm Saunders sheep nudie.

Clara--Oh fine, first it was October for Bali, now it's "Well I might as well dash over to Padang Bai before then!". Hope you have decent conditions in Padang so you can enjoy the critters.

Tulamben is pretty consistent for water temps (and a quiet little town). Water conditions at Padang Bai have varied a lot for me, like 20-25C on back to back dives in the same general vicinity vs 26-27C in a wide vicinity of Tulamben at this time of year. Let us know know you like Bali diving when you get back! // ww

Have fun! I hope you get to see Mola. :-D

Thanks, clara_jkt. I did see a Mola, it was my first one and on a dive from Padangbai at Gili Bahia. Temps seem to be variable at Padangbai/Nusa Penida and a hood has been essential on some dives. I must try LDR with the dawn dive and other sites at Tulamben on my next visit to Bali. Thanks for the great advice folks.

I've just got back to Jakarta after diving with Geko yesterday. I did 3 dives around Padangbai and saw amazing things on every dive including pygmy seahorses and a ghost pipefish. I can't believe how small the pygmy seahorses are; I knew they were small but they're crazy small!!!! It was amazing diving and I loved every minute of it - wished I could do some more diving today but got to go back to work tomorrow. Luckily I've got more diving to look forward to this weekend at Merak.

C--Now all you have to do is figure out how to dive the rest of the week and you are set. I'm back in Tulamben next month so don't go seeing EVERYTHING before then, save some for the distant travelers. I think you'll find the NE side of Bali to be a bit warmer water and certainly a quieter setting.

Sounds like you may already be hooked on Indonesian diving (one dive can do it!), lucky for you you are already there! // ww

Woo Hoo !

Just booked the whole month of November in Amed Bali. I'll be diving with an operation called Adventure Divers and staying at their bungalows as well.

Finally...I"m making it to the South Pacific.

Looking forward to getting hooked on Indonesian diving.

Back
Top Bottom