DUI vs Aqualung Fusion Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kinda hard to not find a place to sit down on a boat**....

....sitting down anywhere should work the same, it just facilitates getting your legs into the suit without getting your socks dirty/sandy/wet/etc, and puts you in a good position to manage the legs of the suit in preparation to pull up to your waist. Its not critical or a big deal but YMMV.

**(unless the boat is so small that you have no room to maneuver like a sardine packed 7m RHIB...but in that case you would don your drysuit before getting on the boat...there should be a horizontal surface somewhere to park your arse to facilitate getting the suit on)

-Z

Boat is a small 6 pack. I do have a spot to park my arse, just challenging on a rocking boat. :wink:

I'm curious if anyone has tried the newer Bullet/ Drycore. I understand it's easier to get into (zippered lower legs help), and the skin is more flexible than the last generation Bullet.

I'm curious if anyone has tried the newer Bullet/ Drycore. I understand it's easier to get into (zippered lower legs help), and the skin is more flexible than the last generation Bullet.

I’ll let you know as soon as I get mine (not Bullet) - don’t know when I’ll get it though.

go dui I have owned literally a hundred drysuits (for rental and family) the fusion is a good suit (especially for rental ) and an absolute pos for rebreather front mounted counter lungs (valve on the arm moves ).so when you try to use it it burps the counter lung and wastes gas .....BAD ......I did 2 dives with my personal one , then sold it

I have friend who hates his USIA Techniflex, one who loved his (but when he replaced he didn't get it again) and one who hated hers so much, she returned it for limited store credit after 2 dives. Major issue she had was fit, which is part of the problem ordering online (ordered from DRIS).

I personally have an OMS San Diego ($1800). Now produced by DUI. Only comes in stock sizes, can't get it custom. I love the trilam suits, hate putting on my wetsuit, so putting on neoprene drysuit isn't much better. Comes with replaceable zipseals on the wrists and neck, so easy to swap out if you rip at the site and at least don't have to send it out and be out of commission waiting for the seals to be replaced. I use SI tech drygloves, but can also get the zipseal drygloves that attach direct to the zipseals. I already owned the SI tech gloves, but also like that the seal is still there underneath the dryglove incase my glove gets a hole or connection leaks. It comes standard with 2 pockets, big with bungie cord attachments inside. Comes with hood and drysuit hose if you buy new. I also like the attached boots personally. One less item to forget, quicker to get ready. Have also had some friends that have had fin issues with rock boots over drysuit socks... that the foot kind of slides around in the boot when you kick because the fin strap pressure is on the boot rather than on your foot. I always rinse my gear after diving anyway, so sand on them is only temporary until I get home and rinse everything off... so no issue there either. The traction is also quite good if you do entries over rocks... but maybe just a sock with a wetsuit shoe may work for your sandy pond entry (no concern of fin issues then or about sand on the suit).

Definitely like the suit, dive Massachusetts almost every weekend all year long. Use the wetsuit in the summer and drysuit in winter and early spring.

I have the 2018 model year bullet that you reference. I have no issues getting mine on. Though I did try on a 2017 model year suit at one shop and it had lower leg zippers as well.

-Z

Yes it is easier to get into the drycore

Back
Top Bottom