directing valves inside (to the chest)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@tbone1004 can you post a picture of how your SPG are when wearing your tanks?

i'll try but they're basically in my arm pit. I'm a big guy so even with 9" hoses the gauges press up into my arm pit. I still have to look down to see them, but it's a one handed operation and they certainly don't drag in the silt

Well, an "extreme" restriction would be gear removal or no mount anyway, so if your afraid of scratching up your regs, you best turn before that.

I consider dives like Itchy-Blue Hole (aka Jug) to be the text book "sidemount cave". It has real restrictions, and is virtually impossible in backmount. I have dove this cave quite a few times with regs down. I really don't see your point.

Why so hostile? I was just saying to those who are concerned about 1st stages down should feel ok with this in restriction less environments.

Why so hostile? I was just saying to those who are concerned about 1st stages down should feel ok with this in restriction less environments.

No intention to be hostile. Maybe I need to use more emojis. :)

I pretty much only dive SM when the cave is low/small enough that it offers an advantage over my favorite dub108s. I am around cave divers pretty often, and seem to notice regs down more often than not. It's a non issue if you have your trim half way decent. :)

@Caveeagle Cool! I don't see much SM in the midwest quarries I frequent, there are a few, but with what you said I feel better about approaching cave training with the setup I have. :)

And he also has the bungee wrapped around a down facing valve knob?
The knob is rotated back to horizontal and "out" by the bungie in that rig. So the regulator ends up being down. Even in lp50s (which are skinny tanks) the tank is much lower than the actual regulator. And if the neck bungie is sized right (both diameter, stretch, and length) the tank rides on your side and even those of us who have no beer gut bump our guts before the regulator hits anything. In 8" tanks like 95s,108s etc the bottom of the tank is in the same plane as the beer gut.

Back
Top Bottom