Some help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquatic Eagle

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I posted this in the South Eastern section of Scubaboard but I have had no responses. Maybe someone here can help. I will be relocating to Asheville, NC in the next couple of months. I am wondering where people dive in Western NC. Are there local lakes that shops use for training or do you have to drive somewhere away from WNC?

They go to Eastern North Carolina.

They go to Eastern North Carolina.

There are no lakes in Western NC that people do dive training in? It doesn't seem right that everyone that gets certified in WNC would have to drive several hours just to finish their cert. I know there are some lakes in WSC (Jocassee and Keowee) that are only a couple of hours away but I was hoping for something closer.

There are lakes close to Asheville. Even more if willing to drive a bit further. Contact me and I can give you some info on several and let you make your choice where to go.

did you ask in the nc wreck divers section?

if you did, i'm sorry you didn't get answers. i was gone last week & don't know what happened to others. if you didn't, try there too. we're usually pretty good about keeping an eye on questions & posts there.

i can't really answer, since i live in the total other end of the state 8 hrs away. :(

Lake Chatuge in Clay County
Lake Hiwassee in Cherokee County
Lake Cliffside in macon County
Lake Fontana in Graham & Swain County
Lake Nantahala in Macon County
Lake Santeetlah in Graham County

Also in E. Tenn you got Watauga Lake, Boone Lake, S. Holston Lake close.

Lake Chatuge in Clay County

Digging this thread from the grave since it has Lake Chatuge mentioned. Has anyone dove Lake Chatuge? If so, where's the spots to go diving on the lake?

Back
Top Bottom