Wanted Perdix AI transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to keep an eye on ebay, especially for other computers which include the transmitter, was able to get one with a broken dive computer last week for 40$ that way, in the past have also bought working oceanic/hollis/aerris computers with transmitter and then sold the computer after to get a lower decent price on the transmitter

Just need to make sure it is FCC ID MH8A

So you can buy non-Shearwater branded transmitters as long as they are FCC ID MH8A?

You might want to keep an eye on ebay, especially for other computers which include the transmitter, was able to get one with a broken dive computer last week for 40$ that way, in the past have also bought working oceanic/hollis/aerris computers with transmitter and then sold the computer after to get a lower decent price on the transmitter

I did a search on ebay for past auctions that were completed using the search terms "Shearwater Perdix AI" that sold for less than $300 and I could only find battery kits. I wonder if my search terms are too specific?

Found a few that went for around $110-125, but wondering if I should be worried about a used transmitter with unknown history (maybe tank was dropped on it, and that is why they want to unload it? maybe they dove in a sewage treatment plant so it smells like poo? maybe its infested with tiny mites? maybe donald trump is hiding from Mueller in there?)

I bought one used online and it worked fine for a year. I was running 2 for side mount and one for single tank down south. All of a sudden both stopped working. The one I purchased from Shearwater was replaced no questions asked. The other was returned to Aqualung for non warranty repair. It was back in about 3 weeks and it looks like they changed it for a new or almost new one. The cost was only $75 CDN plus shipping so I am still a couple of hundred ahead of buying new.

I know someone who bought 2 transmitters for a different computer off eBay for $150 total. Seller thought they were broken but they only needed new batteries. One heck of a win!

Back
Top Bottom