Teric bungee mount adapter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made a new style strap for my Teric that allows me to switch between using this computer bare arm, with a 5mm suit or my drysuit without using the supplied straps, which I find super annoying for anything other than bare arm.

This is a prototype (and so far I am quite happy. It's a hybrid nato, NASA strap made with elastic velcro, so it's a compression compensating watch band.

Does EVERYTHING in one strap and takes about 10 seconds to swap out. Dont even need to remove the pins! And if one pin fails, the computer is still attached.

Win win win.

20180820_190726.jpg 20180820_190853.jpg

I am awaiting some hardware to make more of these, but if you are interested, send me a PM

I am awaiting some hardware to make more of these, but if you are interested, send me a PM
wow nice idea! we all wish it was a standart option :((

i love my teric, but switching between dry suit and wet suit is.... :( that extension strap is easy to loose when busy with all other gear and stuff on the diving location.

What length should be a NATO strap to put Teric on the DRY suit?

I remember I had NATO strap on my Suunto D6. It was pretty long one. Tho I sold it to my friend and can not measure the length now.

I made a new style strap for my Teric that allows me to switch between using this computer bare arm, with a 5mm suit or my drysuit without using the supplied straps, which I find super annoying for anything other than bare arm.

This is a prototype (and so far I am quite happy. It's a hybrid nato, NASA strap made with elastic velcro, so it's a compression compensating watch band.

Does EVERYTHING in one strap and takes about 10 seconds to swap out. Dont even need to remove the pins! And if one pin fails, the computer is still attached.

Win win win.

View attachment 475640 View attachment 475641
Is this only secured with velcro? If that is the case then you can lose a pin and still retain the device but if the velcro comes undone, it is gone. I'm hoping I am misunderstanding the method of closure.

No need. Just remove the band and run the bungee through the screw holes. The only issue is that it might not fit in the charger mount any longer.

Wouldn't the bungee that fits through the strap pin holes be really skinny? What thickness do you use for that?

I could dig one of my Terics out and take it apart to measure, but I'm hoping you can save me the trouble without going to any trouble yourself. :D

I am using NATO straps on my Terics now, but looking for a better solution.

@Shearwater mentioned using a Perdix elastic strap. I don't like that idea because those type of plastic buckles can break. And with only one strap holding it on, that possibility is not acceptable (to me). Plus, the loose end of the strap has always annoyed me with the Petrel 2 I owned and the Perdix AI I own now.

Shearwater also mentioned the strength of the stock silicone strap. As someone else already mentioned, keeping up with the extension to make it easy to go between wet and dry diving is inconvenient. Plus, the silicone strap doesn't seem stretchy enough to really compensate for depth. In addition, my main concern is that one pin coming loose or breaking means my Teric falls off. The pins may be strong, but how do I know an end won't come unscrewed and let the pin back out a bit and then have no real strength at all?

The Narked@90 bungee adapter looks cool, but I can't tell if it connects behind the watch or not. I.e. if a pin breaks or comes loose, does the watch stay with me and flop around? Or does it fall off?

I want a redundant (or robust, like nylon) strap setup, that compensates for depth, and doesn't lose the Teric if one pin breaks or comes loose.

A long NATO strap made with elastic (for some portion) would be about ideal.

Any new suggestions (since this thread is a bit stale)?

The now-defunct Seabear H3 didn't get a lot of love, but the strap did have one nice feature. It was silicone, like the Teric strap. But, in a portion on either side of the watch, it had a section that looked kind of like an accordion. That made it stretchy and somewhat depth-compensating. Of course, I suppose that might have made it weaker and more likely to break, too. I don't know.

And, you still had to use an extender to reach around a drysuit. And you would still lose it, if a pin broke.

The Narked@90 bungee adapter looks cool, but I can't tell if it connects behind the watch or not. I.e. if a pin breaks or comes loose, does the watch stay with me and flop around? Or does it fall off?
I have the adapter. The bungee can be fitted the way you mention. I'm actually feeling a little embarrassed because I didn't realize it could be done that way!

After the first dive trip with it, the mount developed some rust around the laser cutting of the brand name. It looked superficial and didn't spread further. They offered a refund for the issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom