SPG hose O ring keeps blowing out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depending upon the manufacturer, both sizes can be specified. In my experience, an 011 works just fine, even if the manufacturer has specified a slightly larger O-ring . The reverse is not always true. What manufacturer and model of regulator do you have? I will look it up for you.

Depending upon the manufacturer, both sizes can be specified. In my experience, and 011 works just fine, even if the manufacturer has specified a slightly larger O-ring . The reverse is not always true. What manufacturer and model of regulator do you have? I will look it up for you.
This one is a Cressi MC9-SC

Thanks so much!

If it is not the wrong size or duro it is also possible it is getting damaged by over tightening - I am not saying that is the case here, sounds like wrong duro to me.

But, many people seem to think you need to use "Arnie" arms to tighten, whereas in reality you can get a perfect seal with just finger tight. You only need to lock it tight enough so it won't come loose.

If it is not the wrong size or duro it is also possible it is getting damaged by over tightening - I am not saying that is the case here, sounds like wrong duro to me.

But, many people seem to think you need to use "Arnie" arms to tighten, whereas in reality you can get a perfect seal with just finger tight. You only need to lock it tight enough so it won't come loose.
This is just hand tight and then I use a wrench to just snug it so I can't easily remove it by hand. These metals are so soft I'm deathly afraid of stretching threads or just breaking them all together.

@herman got way ahead of me. :) I wanted to establish the history first to make sure the OP didn't buy "someone else's problem" which would take us down a different path.

I use a wrench to just snug it so I can't easily remove it by hand.
Correct, just tight enough to where you cannot loosen it by hand.

In my experience, an 011 works just fine, even if the manufacturer has specified a slightly larger O-ring .
Same here.

before I purchase a boatload of these.
No reason to buy a boatload, PM me with your snail mail and I'll get a few out to you.

Can't get a crossover to a HZ730132 o-ring from the Cressi Italian manual.
But looking back at Cressi's older manuals, they specified an -011 o-ring for the HP port plug years ago. Unlikely that they would change that specification.
Go with some -011's from @couv . You'll be fine.

Can't get a crossover to a HZ730132 o-ring from the Cressi Italian manual.
But looking back at Cressi's older manuals, they specified an -011 o-ring for the HP port plug years ago. Unlikely that they would change that specification.
Go with some -011's from @couv . You'll be fine.

Awesome thanks so much, I started a PM with couv.

Really appreciate all the help.

Poseidon is famous for using -012's.
They squish down into a chamfer in the port, and Poseidon seems to think that works better. YMMV.

Took another look at the hose and port just to make sure there's no damage (cross threaded wobbly lopsided etc) and it mates perfectly to the body of the 1st stage. Probably just crappy o rings.

Thanks for all the help everybody!

Back
Top Bottom