USS Clamagore Artificial Reef Project for Palm Beach County,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Friends of the USS Clamagore Artificial Reef Project for Palm Beach County,

We must fund our Project or lose the opportunity forever. We need your help now to finish the USS Clamagore Artificial Reef Project in Palm Beach County.

Patriots Point is proceeding with Artificial Reefs International-USS Clamagore to complete necessary work designed to remove loose hydrocarbons remaining on the vessel, primarily oil and fuel. This work will commence on August 27th aboard the USS Clamagore. Project leadership will be meeting at Patriots Point in Charleston Harbor on September 4-5 to tour the vessel, meet and greet with other project supporters, conduct interviews and ask questions. The “Clamagore Summit” will be held aboard the USS Yorktown at 9 am on September 5th. Project plans will be discussed.

As we all understand, we have been given until January to fully fund and gather all of the necessary components to successfully complete the USS Clamagore Artificial Reef Project and get underway.

This project is historic, real and doable. We have continued working on all facets of this project required for success.

There are approximately $2.5 million in commitments to this project to date, which represents about half of what is necessary.

Invites extended all individuals and organization who have expressed interest in funding and/or supporting the USS Clamagore Artificial Reef Project in Palm Beach County.

We realize that this is short notice but required work on the USS Clamagore necessitated starting immediately. The actual environmental remediation will be underway while you visit. Supporters who cannot attend will be fully briefed on the Clamagore Summit.

Please feel free to contact me with questions,

Kind regards,

Joe Weatherby joewdiver@gmail.com
Senior Project Manager
Artificial Reefs International-USS Clamagore
(305) 797-7077

Where are they thinking of putting it? And how deep?

Hope they do better than the ex-HMAS Tobruk

Hopefully they don't drop it on its side and then have to pay another 2 million to flip it :) Only to realize that didn't work either, and wait for a hurricane to straighten it out like the Spiegel.

In all seriousness I hope the project flies I will be over there diving it often I'm sure.

Good luck.

very cool....

...We must fund our Project or lose the opportunity forever...
{disclaimer-I'm not shooting the Chairman-ie messenger}

I don't understand the $4 million dollar price tag, when we sank the Spiegel Grove for only a million and it's 10 times bigger. And we sank the Speigel Grove,,,,TWICE !!

The sub is a very cool project, but it has never been explained how the prep costs got so out of hand initially compared to the Grove, and the Might O.

Just spit balling here but the extra cost might be associated with the removal and disposal of the battery plant since she was/is a diesel/electric sub. Being a former submariner I can tell you that they are much more complex than a surface ship.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom