Best way to empty an O2 cylinder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all! I wish I could go the blended route and not waste it; but all the LDS, that even have nitrox, use a stick. No one around here does partial pressure because there isn't enough demand/cost effective. Closest place that does actual blending is 4 hours away :(.

I may just take it with me next time I go diving and use it on a safety stop; or pool practice.

Again, thanks for all the input!

Thanks all! I wish I could go the blended route and not waste it; but all the LDS, that even have nitrox, use a stick. No one around here does partial pressure because there isn't enough demand/cost effective. Closest place that does actual blending is 4 hours away :(.

I may just take it with me next time I go diving and use it on a safety stop; or pool practice.

Easy enough to just get an air fill on top of the o2 from a clean source. No need for anything fancy if it's in current viz.

All they have to do is attach it to a compressor and add air. They don't have to able to do any actual blending.

As has already been explained, if you usut want to get rid of the oxygen, open the valve. If you don't want it to come out really fast, just open it a little.

Go to a marina tell an one that you like to clean the bottom of thier boats for free, and that's it, no big deal.

I had to do this 2 or 3 times this weekend (don't ask). If your valves were properly O2 cleaned to begin with, just open the valve partially and let it drain. Expanding gas will chill the valve, and heat is one of the 3 legs of the fire triangle.

Best way to empty O2 cylinder is on your last stop...

Apparently if you direct 100% O2 directly onto anything flamable (wood, oil etc) it'll self ignite. You could put that to the test for me? :eyebrow:

Apparently if you direct 100% O2 directly onto anything flamable (wood, oil etc) it'll self ignite. You could put that to the test for me? :eyebrow:

That's total crap. I hope you are kidding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom