Myrtle Beach worth diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm heading to Myrtle Beach next weekend. I haven't heard much about the diving there, and if it was worth packing the tanks/gear for a day or two diving. The meg diving in Wilmington would be great, but it doesn't look like any regular charters are going out (I'm traveling solo). I'm going to make some phone calls, but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Steve

I'm heading to Myrtle Beach next weekend. I haven't heard much about the diving there, and if it was worth packing the tanks/gear for a day or two diving. The meg diving in Wilmington would be great, but it doesn't look like any regular charters are going out (I'm traveling solo). I'm going to make some phone calls, but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Steve
Express Watersports in Murrells Inlet is doing the Verrmilloin next Sat . Check out YouTube . Amazing dive. Real good operations and very close to Myrtle Beach.

Vis has been stellar for the last month or so but there was a thermocline out deep last week,don't know how far it may reach inshore had buddies report 64 on the bottom in 150'.I had mid 70s just a few miles away in 120'.
Express runs a tight ship and have a beast of a Newton dive boat with a top notch crew,they dock just down the boardwalk from me and are super good folks.

I have taken several trips with Coastal Scuba out of Little River. They are a few miles north of North Myrtle. Great Captains and crew. There are quite a few wrecks that they travel to, including the Charleston Tug and The Sherman. Check out their site and links to the dive sites. Myrtle Beach Scuba Diving - Coastal Scuba

How long are typical boat rides there? Same as in NC?

Hey, we're on that Vermillion trip!

Well...I'll be seeing you there Dr. Tracy! I just signed up for next Saturday. I'll probably be bringing my doubles-since they're sitting around the house already full. Do you plan on doing one long dive, or two no-deco dives? I haven't called the shop yet to see if they are fine with it. I'll give them a call Monday or Tuesday.

:cheers:
Steve

Well,we are finally diving out of Myrtle Beach,just almost a year later. Going with Express Watersports to “Civil War Wreck”. What’s it like? Anybody else planning to go tomorrow?
Btw, staying at Lakewood Campgrounds which is pretty nice. We wanted to stay down at the state park in Murrells Inlet but it was full.
We have a cute little camper that I use for dog shows.

Back
Top Bottom