U-Boats Off the Outer Banks - Book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Erik Petkovic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
D3EEA79C-1F00-48A3-9134-D9B607CB1339.jpeg

Just finished U-Boats Off the Outer Banks. Killer book for anyone who loves U-boats, WWII, maritime history, and shipwreck Diving. Highly recommend.

Thank You Erik
It sounds like an interesting book about an interesting time in US history.
The author also seems like and interesting individual with some impeccable credentials

About the Author
Jim Bunch is the leading authority on the U-85, the first German U-boat sunk by a United States warship in World War II. He is the author of Diving the U-85 and U-85: A Shadow in the Sea, a Diver's Reflections. He earned degrees in marine biology (BS) and oceanography (MS) and worked as an oceanographer for the federal government for many years. As a former dive business owner and a NAUI scuba instructor for eighteen years, he equipped and certified hundreds of divers interested in visiting North Carolina's shipwrecks. In 1994, he received the Scuba Schools International Pro 5000 award for making five thousand or more logged open water dives. Bunch is a Road Scholar speaker with the North Carolina Humanities Council, a past chairman of NOAA's Monitor Marine Sanctuary Advisory Council and serves on the board of Friends of the Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum.

SDM

You can get them direct from the author- Jim Bunch. I had him sign mine. He’s a legend. Over 1,000 dives on the U-85 alone. He recovered so much stuff including the enigma. jimbunch039@gmail.com $20 plus shipping

Oh, you mean he pilfered an internationally protected war grave?

I really enjoyed U-85:A Shadow In The Sea. Picked it up at local dive shop after diving the U-85 for first time. A lot of neat info.

Oh, you mean he pilfered an internationally protected war grave?

I prefer the term salvaged from a sunken enemy vessel that was menacing our shipping lanes. Woe to the vanquished.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom