Tank Equalizer for $2.50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Worked like a charm. I needed to change a valve, so I bled down the tank, changed it, and equalized 500 psi into it in about 5 minutes. That is all I need to keep crap out until I can get a proper fill.

Gotta love ScubaBoard

IMG_20180802_202459.jpg
IMG_20180802_202508.jpg

Spool comes out.
The fitting has a beveled edge and seals without the spool or o-rings.

The fitting has a beveled edge and seals without the spool or o-rings.
Yes, it does. But if you leave the spools in and let them do the sealing, you can then rotate the hose without kinking it and your seal will no longer be torque dependent.

Yes, it does. But if you leave the spools in and let them do the sealing, you can then rotate the hose without kinking it and your seal will no longer be torque dependent.
As neither the the fitting nor the spool are designed for this type of use, I am disinclined to test this. Particularly when, as can be seen by my picture, the combined length of the two HP hoses is such that this is not necessary in any case.

As neither the the fitting nor the spool are designed for this type of use, I am disinclined to test this. Particularly when, as can be seen by my picture, the combined length of the two HP hoses is such that this is not necessary in any case.
I use it with the spools. Haven't had any trouble. It makes it slightly easier/more comfortable to use imho.

Back
Top Bottom