Recommended Dive Shops/Centers in Koh Samui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

Newbie here - i was wondering if any who have dived in Koh Samui (Sail Rock, Koh Tao) have any recommendation of a center there.

I've search a few but just a few mix reviews on trip advisor. Thought i could get an opinion on this board.

Thanks in Advance

Hi All,

Newbie here - i was wondering if any who have dived in Koh Samui (Sail Rock, Koh Tao) have any recommendation of a center there.

I've search a few but just a few mix reviews on trip advisor. Thought i could get an opinion on this board.

Thanks in Advance

I suspect this might be too late to be particularly useful - but in the event it is not I highly recommend 100 Degrees East. We have travelled with them at least six times if I recall. They are not cheap but the boat and equipment is wonderful, the owners are very safety conscious and the operation is just overall excellent.

I just got back and we used Discovery Divers out of Koh Samui - I would recommend them. They were on point with communication and the boats were pretty fast, fun dives. I felt like safety was taken very seriously.

Hello

I'm going to jump in here and hope that someone can help me too!
Heading to KS from Sept 5 to 11 and I'm trying to find an operator that does more than just 2 tank dive days.
Has anyone found an operator that goes out in the AM and PM?
OR does the full day out (rather than return and go out again)?

Thanks very much peoples!

Hello

I'm going to jump in here and hope that someone can help me too!
Heading to KS from Sept 5 to 11 and I'm trying to find an operator that does more than just 2 tank dive days.
Has anyone found an operator that goes out in the AM and PM?
OR does the full day out (rather than return and go out again)?

Thanks very much peoples!
Sorry can’t help on Samui I’ve only dived Phuket, Koh Chang , and Pattaya but from what I have found is most if not all the dive sights are far from Samui that is why you only seam to find 2 tank boat dives and why it cost more there! Maybe someone can help more but this is what I have found and why I’ve not dived there most sights are closer to Koh Tao! But like I said I have no personal experience! Good luck hope someone with direct experience can help!

Sorry can’t help on Samui I’ve only dived Phuket, Koh Chang , and Pattaya but from what I have found is most if not all the dive sights are far from Samui that is why you only seam to find 2 tank boat dives and why it cost more there! Maybe someone can help more but this is what I have found and why I’ve not dived there most sights are closer to Koh Tao! But like I said I have no personal experience! Good luck hope someone with direct experience can help!

This is spot on. The better diving in the area is at Koh Tao which is circa 90m plus from Samui. Sail Rock at Samui is often done as a two tank dive but I suspect three would be boring... Honestly as much as I like Samui if I was focussing on diving for the holiday it'd not be my first choice. It's nice to do a day trip or two from there but for better diving I'd be focussing either on Koh Tao or the Similans/Surins depending on the time of the year.

Been some years since I last dived from Samui, but experience taught me the further from Samui you travelled, the better the diving.
I dived with Easy Divers - no complaints with their operating.
Things may have changed, but at the time, they only offered day trips with 2 dives per day; you go out in the morning and return in the mid/late afternoon....... sadly, no night dives and no offer of a 3rd dive.

I found the dive sites closer to the island were poor in terms of vis and marine life.

I did a trip on their speed boat over to koh tao, where the diving was much better.

Samui is no longer an area I go diving since experiencing the diving in the Andaman Sea. Given the choice, head fort the Andaman side, otherwise, I'd pick Koh Tao over Samui.

Hmm, if I am already on Koh Samui for a non-dive week, will it be worth it to me to do a day at Sail Rock?

I've been diving at Koh Tao, where I found the diving over all to be sub par. Sail Rock had been a nice day but wasn't spectacular.

All that said, it was a long time ago. I do expect to be on Koh Samui this February. At that point in time, I will already have been diving from Bali and Raja.

Hmm, I may have answered my own question. . .

All that said, it was a long time ago. I do expect to be on Koh Samui this February. At that point in time, I will already have been diving from Bali and Raja.
Hmm, I may have answered my own question. . .
Save your Baht for Singha beer and green curry/Pad thai etc etc. How come they won't have this kind of cooking in Philippines!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom