Cayman Shark Logging and Shark Conservation Results

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By the way, I don't believe the video Kathy posted was filmed in Cayman. There were 3 sharks circling at one time, and some of the divers had what looked like bang sticks. I bet that was shot at a shark feeding dive elsewhere else in the Caribbean. Fake news.

I’ve seen 4 sharks swimming around our dive group at East End.

Maybe, my son and I had 3 Reef Sharks swimming with us for most of a dive at Scuba Bowl in September, 2011

Did the DMs have shark sticks? Probably not.

Had a couple of reef sharks at Tarpon Alley on northside a couple of days ago (Sunday).

I see one guy that looks like he might be holding a shark stick, but it appears that most of the other divers are either carrying cameras or are hands-free.

The reporter specifically says that he was one of the divers, and that the scene was filmed last Saturday by "Cayman 27 Cameras" so I don't think that it is fake news.

Last edited:
I see one guy that looks like he might be holding a shark stick, but it appears that most of the other divers are either carrying cameras or are hands-free.

The reporter specifically says that he was one of the divers, and that the scene was filmed last Saturday by "Cayman 27 Cameras" so I don't think that it is fake news.
There are 3 at the beginning of this clip from last year's X-Dive:

They then appraoched as individuals throughout the dive:

We had 3 on the mooring line when the first divers got in the water this year (was not in yet - so no video of that), but they approached as individuals throughout the dive:

Last edited:
The whole concept is fake. Unless everyone reports every shark they see the numbers are skewed. Most DMs are too busy after dives to get around to reporting and many guests don’t know about it. I believe they shot the video on land but not in the water. Poetic reporting.

saw several sharks in Brac while we were there in July - at Tarpon Alley - In and Out

also on GC at the Aquarium South

best shark sighting ever for me is Mata Canyons... but that is in Belize on the Meso-American Reef

Back
Top Bottom