ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2019 Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm curious about something. With 5 days to 2-tank boat dives, basically that covers mornings, presumably arriving back around noonish? Then lunch at the resort, an all-inclusive. If booking independently, I imagine many people would at least tentatively plan out (or reserve) various topside activities (e.g.: ostrich farm visit, Hato caves, Sea Aquarium) or more diving (e.g.: rent a vehicle & hit regional shore sites, or book some afternoons with Dive Bus, which is nearby, to avoid renting to figuring out where to go).

But when coming to join a group event, is it different? Are there group things some/most afternoons or evenings? Do people mainly wait till they show up & settle in a day before scheduling outside activities?

Thanks in advance.

Richard.

Correct
All of the above is possible and members will be doing those activities and more.
The entire group will only gather 3 times during the event
Welcome Party
Group Picture
Farewell Party

What you choose to do will the rest of the time is COMPLETELY up to you.
This is your vacation and not a boot camp.
Will there be official ScubaBoard contest and treasure hunts during the week WHO KNOWS??? :popcorn:

We only have 1 rule HAVE FUN :yeahbaby:

Usually I will do a couple of shore dives and a few naps in the sun but most afternoons I'll usually be found with at least a few other Scubaboard types practicing the secret afternoon sacred ritual of the pool happy hour(s).

This year I'm gonna try to get some deco gas and try to get a nice dive in on the car pile which if I am remembering us right in front of the hotel.

Usually I will do a couple of shore dives and a few naps in the sun but most afternoons I'll usually be found with at least a few other Scubaboard types practicing the secret afternoon sacred ritual of the pool happy hour(s).
:cheers:

That seals the deal for me. Just registered!!
Welcome to the trip.

We are in on the fun too!! Susan, Cheryl and I called Felix and Al today to make our deposit. Cheryl's husband may join us also, and he is a non-diver. My husband has to babysit our dogs!! Maybe Warren will be our guide on another cool trip like to the Cenotes! I really want to jump on the "Dive Bus" for an afternoon dive. Just sounds so cool. Tell me about the "car pile"!! Interesting!

We are in on the fun too!! Susan, Cheryl and I called Felix and Al today to make our deposit. Cheryl's husband may join us also, and he is a non-diver. My husband has to babysit our dogs!! Maybe Warren will be our guide on another cool trip like to the Cenotes! I really want to jump on the "Dive Bus" for an afternoon dive. Just sounds so cool. Tell me about the "car pile"!! Interesting!
I thought you girls were going to Fiji. I am not aware of any planned side trips this go around but maybe we can find some trouble to get into.

That seals the deal for me. Just registered!!

Welcome to the Crew! :happywave:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom