SE Connecticut and RI diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smellzlikefish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am trying to find the contact info for a dive shop in SE Connecticut or Rhode Island on the world's worst internet. My girlfriend and I are going back to visit family, but we will have our dive gear with us from another stop on the same trip. It would be awesome to get a dive or two in, whether from a boat or just renting tanks and jumping in from shore. If anyone has an email address handy, I would be very grateful. Due to connectivity, I am unsure when I will be able to check this next, so thank you in advance.

New England Dive | Dive Classes | Dive Equipment | Wallingford, CT Wallingford CT - my lds but depending where you are it may be out of your way
Divers Cove | Full Service Scuba Equipment & Repair Shop Essex, CT - only used them for fills but seem nice and reputable.
I like to dive Ft Wetherill on Jamestown RI. Super easy and nice set up for diving. Others can chime in on their favorites shore dive sites in RI. Giantstride dive shop in RI runs guided shore and boat dives. Never used them though.

Here’s the email for Giant Stride, info@GiantStrideDiveShop.com. They’re going to be the closest to the dive hot spot in RI that tkaelin mentioned. I took my nitrox course there and they have a pretty good setup. As was mentioned, Red (the owner) also does charters. If you’re interested in that you should call, they fill up quickly depending on the destination. # is 401-732-8808.
Ft. Wetherill tends to be the go to for shore diving, but there is some good shore diving in Newport (just across the bridge from Jamestown) as well. Pm me if you’re interested in more info about those.

Erik

There is shore diving of varying quality in Narragansett, also. The barge is shallow wreck within swimming distance of the beach. The Narragansett pier used to be popular. I only dove it once and was unimpressed. Hazard Ave was a great dive as I recall from college. Visiting it a couple of years ago, I recalled why it has that name. Bass Rock is a nice dive, a lot of lugging over big rocks. There is also diving at the point Judith break water, but I have only snorkeled there and it seemed shallow.

In Newport Ft Adams, King’s beach, and Green Bridge are all good. Land’s End is good, but parking is very problematic.

I have video shot at different locations, bu not all I mentioned here;
https://m.youtube.com/user/richpalmer64/videos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom