whale photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lofish

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

was wondering if any operations there specialize in whale snorkelling and UW photography sessions. Thanks!

It's the same on Maui - no one is allowed to get close. They take it seriously. One of the whale watch boats even has shrouded props so there's no chance of accidental contact.

I just saw this post hasn't been answered so I figured I'd chime in. We aren't allowed to approach whales within 100 yards and legally have to avoid them (cutting off, leapfrogging, etc.) What kind of underwater photography are you trying to do? Whales only?
thanks for the info, was thinking to do some whales photography,

I watch the "Bucket List Family" on YouTube quite often, and he went to swim with whales in Tonga. Cool stuff.

Tonga is your game.....

Try Humpback Whales Tonga Adventure Travel

Amos is a legend!!!! Here's a shot he snapped of me diving on the Sea Tiger. Spent a few days with him and his passion for photography and large ocean critters is truly inspiring!

Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 8.01.40 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom