Just back from Dharavandhoo (Hanifaru Bay) photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi travelem, how often did Liquid salt organising trip to Hanifaru?

Since Dharavandhoo is only 5 minutes by boat from Hanifaru Bay, Liquid salt sends a boat to check if there is manta in the bay everyday, sometimes twice a day (morning and afternoon).

Once they found mantas in the bay, they would ask you to jump in the boat for manta snorkeling.

Biosphere Inn's room conditions are so-so. I plan to stay in Hanifaru transit Inn next time.
If you want more comfort, Aveyla manta village is next to bikini beach and is the best hotel on island.

All three hotels are partnered with Liquid salt dive shop.

Aveyla manta village and Liquid salt dive shop have the same owner.

Since Dharavandhoo is only 5 minutes by boat from Hanifaru Bay, Liquid salt sends a boat to check if there is manta in the bay everyday, sometimes twice a day (morning and afternoon).

Once they found mantas in the bay, they would ask you to jump in the boat for manta snorkeling.

Biosphere Inn's room conditions are so-so. I plan to stay in Hanifaru transit Inn next time.
If you want more comfort, Aveyla manta village is next to bikini beach and is the best hotel on island.

All three hotels are partnered with Liquid salt dive shop.

Aveyla manta village and Liquid salt dive shop have the same owner.

actually, we were at Dharavandhoo last year but with another dive shop before an LOB, we only snorkelled at Hanifaru once.
We stayed at Transit inn, everyone was nice and helpful. rooms were nice and clean.
there was a manta cleaning station with incredible visibility/

Been thinking to do to Dharavandhoo again by myself with another dives shop.

I recognise your name from a old Hkdiver forum, which has been shut down already. LOL. And I am also looking into tiger zoo too..

I noticed that another dive shop (Dharavandhoo Divers) has more divers on boat. I saw they had more than 10 divers on boat.

When I dived with Liquid Salt, there were 2 to 5 divers on boat for that week. We went to the cleaning station everyday and saw a few mantas everyday. I almost had the mantas by myself. If going with another dive shop, there were more divers, I am afraid I would had seen more divers than mantas underwater.

The tiger zoo is also my next target.

I am also so disappointed about the shut down of the HKdiver forum.

There is another HK diving group on facebook with more than 16000 members:
香港潛水 Hong Kong Diving

Nice stuff, thank you!

I noticed that another dive shop (Dharavandhoo Divers) has more divers on boat. I saw they had more than 10 divers on boat.

When I dived with Liquid Salt, there were 2 to 5 divers on boat for that week. We went to the cleaning station everyday and saw a few mantas everyday. I almost had the mantas by myself. If going with another dive shop, there were more divers, I am afraid I would had seen more divers than mantas underwater.

The tiger zoo is also my next target.

I am also so disappointed about the shut down of the HKdiver forum.

There is another HK diving group on facebook with more than 16000 members:
香港潛水 Hong Kong Diving

Actually, we dived with Dharavandhoo Divers, good dive shop but I didn't get enough manta during my staying. Have to go back to try Liquid Salt.

maybe we will meet at the Zoo, LOL, What month are you thinking?

I saw a lot of garbage posted on HKdiver... shutting down is a matter of time..

I probably will go to see the tiger zoo Jan to Mar next year.
But haven't booked anything yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom