Heading to Bonaire in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Put the key and some cash in a pocket. The keys to the trucks from Buddy Dive have seen more bottom time than any human can tolerate. All the stores and restaurants are very used to wet cash.

No need to worry about anything getting wet. Just have a great time!!!

Put the key and some cash in a pocket. The keys to the trucks from Buddy Dive have seen more bottom time than any human can tolerate. All the stores and restaurants are very used to wet cash.

No need to worry about anything getting wet. Just have a great time!!!
I agree. I usually carry the key and $100 "BC" money in my dive BC. It stays under the weights and sees me through anything the day brings!

Sure I’m up for whatever. I’m mainly there to dive dive dive but I’m sure one day at least I’d like to take a break and discover the island

Everywhere take US cash or do I need to exchange once i get there? Most places take amex? (don't have currency conversion fees on my amex)

Currency conversion fees are not the only thing to worry about, some credit cards charge 1, 2, or 3% for foreign transaction fees - make sure your card doesn't add on any foreign transaction fees.

Have a great trip!

We use an S3 case that's small enough to fit in my bc pocket. Not sure which truck model BD is using but AB's truck keys had a chip in them that you want to keep dry.

Whichever case you use, I suggest tying surgical tube around the clasp. I second the idea of a zip lock if you get a chipped key.

We made the mistake of bringing an Amex and most places didn’t take it. Thankfully we also brought a Visa and some cash. I was worried about bringing too much cash. We will be there the same week as you it looks like. We are originally from Michigan as well

There's a lot of supermarkets on Kaya Industria, BonDiGro, Warehouse, Lucky and Van Den Tweel. Van Den Tweel has the best selection. Warehouse is popular among locals because it's cheaper. BonDiGro only takes cash & local credit cards. There's a supermarket in the center of town, Top, but it has limited selection. Don't miss Zarpin fish market, it's owned by a family that also own a farm. Late in the day you can get fish that just came off the boat and they will cut it to order for you (you can have a barracuda for dinner that was swimming past you on your afternoon dive). Really cheap and fresh, a super nice folks! They're further down the road than Van Den Tweel. I created a map to help my guests find them, the food stores are the yellow dots. Explore Bonaire - Aqua View Oceanfront Vacation Rental

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom