Cape Cod boat dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hey I’m looking to join up with some folks doing boat dives on the Cape. Happy to contribute gas $ etc. Hit me up if you are interested!

I'm certified, old and not in need of rescue. When do we leave?

I'm certified, old and not in need of rescue. When do we leave?
Hey the perfect credentials....Finally getting back in the water after number of years ...New hip etc...We will stay in touch ....hoping to get my first dive in sometime this week....Took the boat out Monday and that is a-OK

New hip for you a new knee for me we'll be a fine set for sure! I'm game, let me know what I can bring besides money, that's a given. Food, drink, extra tanks...….?

Im game if y'all are looking for a third. I can get some numbers from work for some wrecks. Heck there is even a Navy Hell Diver in Buzzards Bay.

Im game if y'all are looking for a third. I can get some numbers from work for some wrecks. Heck there is even a Navy Hell Diver in Buzzards Bay.

WOW! That would be a great dive!
My boat is moored in Falmouth and would love to know the location of the Helldiver plane!!
Or maybe you can show me?

Did some searching, found the plane was located in 2001 intact off of Woods Hole. No coordinates given. Went to navionics and searched around. I found 2 wrecks listed. The first is north near the #10 red buzzards bay bouy marker. The second is to the southeast near the Falmouth Shoal green/red marker. See photos. I do not. Know if it is either of these. But they are the two closest wrecks listed on the charts to Woods Hole.

Screenshot_20190301-073011_Boating HD.jpg
Screenshot_20190301-072942_Boating HD.jpg

Did some searching, found the plane was located in 2001 intact off of Woods Hole. No coordinates given. Went to navionics and searched around. I found 2 wrecks listed. The first is north near the #10 red buzzards bay bouy marker. The second is to the southeast near the Falmouth Shoal green/red marker. See photos. I do not. Know if it is either of these. But they are the two closest wrecks listed on the charts to Woods Hole.

View attachment 507589 View attachment 507590

Hey swimlikethefish Thanks for doing some good research! Have dove near the Weepecket Islands last year and near your second spot(red/green buoy) the year before(within 1/4 mile) it's a high current and high boat traffic area. am hoping to make some attempts to look for the plane this summer. But If that plane is on a nautical chart it would seem too easy, will check those spots out though since there is at least some kind of wreck there. The #10 buoy would be a pretty hairy place to dive, the current screams thru that narrow channel! after doing some research turns out there were hundreds of planes that crashed into the ocean around MA, it would make for a busy chart if they were all listed(but then again, charts are kind of busy). and they said most of those small plane wrecks are moved around by draggers nets. probably was of 3 or 4 or more different locations on cape cod that were used for target practice for military aviators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom