Peeing in your dry suit mid dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I understand that but wasn't the OP abt peeing in a wetsuit

No. I’m talking about drysuits.

Some info on how to use the latter here: FAQ.

I'd highly recommend the Divine Secrets of the She-P Sisterhood group on Facebook

Thanks for the info.

[QUOTE="JohnN, post: 8342269, member: 403”] not female, but there is some science behind eating a salty snack (e.g. a snack bag of potato chips) before diving.[/QUOTE]

Tried and made no noticeable difference unfortunately

Side note: why does that last quote not work properly?

She may not get the Immersion Diuresis effect in a drysuit as strongly as she would in a wetsuit because of the reduced squeeze and her body being warmer. DAN has recently said that hydration is no longer high on the list of worries about DCS. I never drink water until after diving and have never had to pee during a dive.

She-P with pee valve is the way to go. Rushing out of the water, taking off tanks and gear, trying to rip off drysuit (without actually ripping out...), boots, undergarments, and running to a bathroom certainly kills the post-dive Zen.

Definitely check out www.she-p.com for basic info about the device and technique, and join the FB group mentioned above for more info or if she has any questions.

What WetRocks said. I absolutely love mine. The website and the especially the Facebook group are resources, and answer any questions your wife might have about applying, using, and removing the device. My drysuit came with a pee valve already installed - all I had to do was buy the device and connect everything.

I found that the "gotta go" problem was pretty much solved by diving dry. As has been noted, somehow not being wet and cold and so compressed usually makes the problem go away - now you don't need to go every 60-90 mins any more than you would if sitting in front of the TV at home. But there are still tips I can offer (admittedly some are obvious, but the real tip is to hold to them like religion) * go just before the dive * consume NO caffeine until after diving * the salty snack tip (earlier) was very useful too. If nothing else works, maybe a she-pee is worth it.

Last edited:
Can someone post a link to the FB page where they discuss the ins and outs. I cannot find it. Thanks.

<<the "gotta go" problem was pretty much solved by diving dry>> Since you can go in a wetsuit, wouldn't diving dry, until fixed via other accoutrements, mean the opposite is true? :)

If I don't go twice per dive (wetsuit), I feel I'm dehydrated and fix that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom