12 boys lost in flooded Thai cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm seeing a rush for some groups to claim credit for this rescue. The credit should only go to the divers making the dives and no one else.

That's bull and you know it. None of those divers could do the job without the hundreds of other people doing logistical support, everything from filling tanks to ferrying sorb or dealing with businesses to acquire gear to the cooks making the meals so the divers don't keel over. The divers are playing a very important role, but to think that only the divers should be given credit for saving those kids is playschool ignorant.

They are not cave certified. No training and no experience are a dangerous "medical" condition.

In my 61+ years on this planet, this is the only time I've heard of a soccer team getting stuck 2.5 miles back in a partially submerged cave. I'm seeing a rush for some groups to claim credit for this rescue. The credit should only go to the divers making the dives and no one else.

Proud diver you are! Somebody has to feed the divers no? What about the millions of gallons of water being pumped out?

Give credit where credit is due. I'm a former US Marine and have done many special ops. I can tell you there is a lot of credit to be had for this operation.

...In my 61+ years on this planet, this is the only time I've heard of a soccer team getting stuck 2.5 miles back in a partially submerged cave. I'm seeing a rush for some groups to claim credit for this rescue. The credit should only go to the divers making the dives and no one else.

Which group? I haven’t heard anyone claim credit. I’ll be afraid to claim credit to something that are still ongoing.

That's bull and you know it. None of those divers could do the job without the hundreds of other people doing logistical support, everything from filling tanks to ferrying sorb or dealing with businesses to acquire gear to the cooks making the meals so the divers don't keel over. The divers are playing a very important role, but to think that only the divers should be given credit for saving those kids is playschool ignorant.

I used to fly Marines and Seals around in the USMC. They go nowhere without an air transport service let me tell you. If you ask those in the trenches I can assure you they appreciate the support they get. Quite literally, their lives depend on it.

Hopefully we'll see at least one good book & a good movie come out of this impressive operation.

The Thai word for scubadiving is nam dam, literally translated black water.
The majority of the Thai people cannot swim, it's not taught in school. Diving is for the majority a horrifying activity, as expressed in their own language.

That's a nice story, but it's not true. "Dam náam" (ดำน้ำ) just means "under water" or "submurged".

I just saw this statement in an article:

"...Divers said the temperature in the cave was a about 26 degrees (79 F), with water dripping from the walls, meaning the children were unlikely to have experienced dehydration and hypothermia..."

I was surprised to learn that the temperature was so warm underground, is this cave part of a volcanic system or hot spring?

It's rain water which is warm.

Which group? I haven’t heard anyone claim credit. I’ll be afraid to claim credit to something that are still ongoing.
This may possibly be taken down soon. Some have asked that it be.
UTD Asia

<pedant>"that is N2"</pedant>
See, I just learned something new about the air we breath. For years, I thought I was breathing mostly pure oxygen, then thought I was breathing mostly N, now, I know Im mostly breathing N2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom