VDH Wing & DGX Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The grommet holes most likely won't line up.
I have a Dive Rite backplate that is the same as a DGX. From the top grommet hole to the slotted hole at the bottom it is 10 1/2" to 11 1/2". The VDH website says the grommet holes on the wing are 9" and 12". VDH gives the option of ordering a Hog backplate with their backplate/wing package, so I assume their plates will line up.
HOG Stainless Steel Backplate - BCD - Products

Given that the wing has two sets of grommets, I’m pretty sure they will line up.

I guess the question I should have asked was will the slots in the plate and wing line up when the wing is bolted to the plate? Are the slots in the wing wider than 2” to allow for some adjustment?

His updated wing has enlarged slots for adjustment. It is an excellent wing! Now, if you want a 100% match, get his package. It is a great deal!

Lets hear directly from the chief cook and bottle washer himself @Bryan@Vintage Double Hose

Thanks! It should work then.

I would like to get the package, but you can’t get a stainless plate at this time.

Thanks! It should work then.

I would like to get the package, but you can’t get a stainless plate at this time.

I have the VDH plate/HOG wing (32#) combo (got it before he came out with the Argonaut wing). I put small weight pockets on my cam band straps and add whatever weight I need for the particular dive, but always leaving 6lbs on my waist band pockets as ditchable. This eliminates the need for a steel plate, if you don't mind the little bit of extra effort.

On my DR xt lite, the holes and cam slots line up perfectly with the vdh #35 wing (newest version). I havent stacked the DR plate on top of the DGX, but was told from them they are the same plate, made in the same factory. Worst case, you can drill 2 holes for the wing spacing. Cam slots are good.

Thanks!:thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom