Raja Ampat advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am looking for advice on where to stay for an upcoming dive vacation in Raja Ampat (November 2018). Right now we are looking mainly at either a dive resort - Raja Biodiversity or Papua Explorers - or at doing a live aboard. We don't have a huge amount of time for our trip and are thus thinking of either La Galigo or Jaya since they offer shorter trips. I am hoping for advise from someone who done a similar trip. Any help is greatly appreciated! We had also considered the Moana in Komodo during the same time period.

Just did Papua Explorers in Dec/Jan. Can't recommend them enough. I need to write a trip report, but I haven't had a lot of time since we got back.

Wonderful people and place. Very eco-conscious. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

I'd go back to Papua Explorers in a flash. No resort can show you all of RA, but if you have around a week there, you'll be within 10-30 minutes of a concentration of some of RA's best dive sites. The Bintangs are cold and the food is excellent, some of the best Indonesian resort food I've had in 10 visits.

Thinking of a RA trip in 2019 and would love to hear more. Looks really interesting....

Papua Explorers every time. It is simply perfect.
In fact, we've just booked to go back there for the third time!

I am looking for advice on where to stay for an upcoming dive vacation in Raja Ampat (November 2018). Right now we are looking mainly at either a dive resort - Raja Biodiversity or Papua Explorers - or at doing a live aboard. We don't have a huge amount of time for our trip and are thus thinking of either La Galigo or Jaya since they offer shorter trips. I am hoping for advise from someone who done a similar trip. Any help is greatly appreciated! We had also considered the Moana in Komodo during the same time period.

I’ve been to Raja Ampat 6 times. November is the best time to be there.

La Galigo is pretty good liveaboard. I’ve been with the liveaboard twice. The last one was in November last year. I posted my trip report here: Nov 20 - Dec 2, 2017 Ambon - Sorong Crossing Trip Report

For November this year, there are 2 spots left. So you need to decide soon.
La Galigo Liveaboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom