New diver in central VA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CMS

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

This is actually my second post, not first, but I just joined ScubaBoard last night. I did my OW course in May and have a little bit to do to finish the AOW course. I'm fortunate to have a friend who is an instructor who has encouraged me several times through the years to come with him on a trip and get certified... and I finally did. Just wish I hadn't waited so long.

I was spoiled, perhaps, by doing my OW class and first 20 or so dives in Bonaire. Now I'm looking forward to learning what it's like to dive in colder areas, fresh water, and so on.

I'm a biologist and a professor, and being able to see the underwater environment first-hand was a big reason I decided to learn to dive. But I've also got a long history in other outdoor activities such as climbing and caving, and in some ways diving complements those - a way to see places and have experiences in the natural world that many people don't get to enjoy.

Looking forward to it -

CMS

You weren't joking about being in central VA. Buckingham is as central as it gets.

I teach also, so I'm somewhat flexible about diving at Lake Phoenix during the summer. Also, take a look at the Richmond Dive Club. There are a lot of good people there, though it is a hike for you. We go diving locally at Lake Phoenix twice a month from May to August.

PM me if you are interested in Lake Phoenix. I know my way around there fairly well. I'm also interested in some inshore dives around VA Beach.

Welcome to SB CMS. Its a great place to hang out during surface intervals. Friendly and knowledgeable people.

Reactions: CMS
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom