Old US Divers Calypso BCD Inflator Help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuzzA

Wetwork for Hire
Reaction score
So a generous fellow board member gave me two Youth US Diver Calypso BCDs that are basically brand new. I realize these are very old, but I'm just trying to put together gear for growing kids.

The BCDs really are like new except the few dives they were used for and many years of storage has left the inflator inoperable.

The inflator is much smaller than today's standard inflator. 3/4 inch?

Does anyone know where I can find something that would work?

Pic for reference.

20180428_104639.jpg

I'd try a good soak before you give in to replacement....

UPDATE:

So here is the solution. 3/4" to 1" corrugated hose will allow the use of a modern inexpensive power inflator.

12'' Corrugated Adapter Hose

This is a specialty hose. The hose is 12” long but what separates this over the other hoses is the ends. This hose has one end that is ¾” in diameter and the other that is 1” in diameter. Why do I need this hose? If you have an Oceanic, old US Divers and many other bc’s the ends on these are ¾” and the inflators are also ¾”. The problem with this is ¾” inflators is they are hard to get and expensive. This way you can buy a generic 1” power inflator and this hose instead of an expensive ¾” inflator.​

UPDATE:

So here is the solution. 3/4" to 1" corrugated hose will allow the use of a modern inexpensive power inflator.

12'' Corrugated Adapter Hose

This is a specialty hose. The hose is 12” long but what separates this over the other hoses is the ends. This hose has one end that is ¾” in diameter and the other that is 1” in diameter. Why do I need this hose? If you have an Oceanic, old US Divers and many other bc’s the ends on these are ¾” and the inflators are also ¾”. The problem with this is ¾” inflators is they are hard to get and expensive. This way you can buy a generic 1” power inflator and this hose instead of an expensive ¾” inflator.​
Did you have to fabricate a new cable that connects the inflator to the jet dump or was the original one an OK length?

Did you have to fabricate a new cable that connects the inflator to the jet dump or was the original one an OK length?

I just found them tonight on accident as I was searching for a 12" hose so I haven't begun to swap them out and see what it looks like. I suspect it would be something relatively easy to DIY. Though the two I have are in great shape, if possible I would prefer to eliminate the pull dump altogether due to the age on these BCD's.

Back
Top Bottom