Where Is Your GF?

What are your typical (approximate) settings for GF lo and GF hi?

• 5/95

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30/85

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • 50/85

Votes: 48 33.1%
  • 70/85

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • 90/85

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30/70

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • 50/70

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • 70/70

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • 90/70

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Guerrero

Contributor
Reaction score
Curious to see where people's settings are with changes in perspective on what constitutes "safe" and "conservative". I've added in options for a higher GF lo than GF hi because some planning software (like Subsurface) allows you to cut tables that way.

I've also put this in the Advanced section rather than Technical because some computers allow you to set your recreational conservatism and inform you of the GFs you're using.

Probably would have been good to include the Shearwater rec mode presets in your poll, 45/95, 40/85, and 35/75. I would imagine they're used relatively commonly, perhaps increasingly so, with the Perdix AI and now, the Teric. If the Deep 6 computer is ever available, I would think the same presets will be used.

I dive mostly rec with a GF hi of 90-100 on my Nitek Q, couldn't respond to the poll

When I get my Teric to complement my Perdix, one will be set to xx/99 whilst the other will be set to 35/75 for recreational dives. For tech dives, both will probably be be set to 35/75.

Curious to see where people's settings are with changes in perspective on what constitutes "safe" and "conservative". I've added in options for a higher GF lo than GF hi because some planning software (like Subsurface) allows you to cut tables that way.

I've also put this in the Advanced section rather than Technical because some computers allow you to set your recreational conservatism and inform you of the GFs you're using.
Funny - when I first saw the title I thought you wanted to know where our girlfriends were? :wink:

Funny - when I first saw the title I thought you wanted to know where our girlfriends were? :wink:

Asking on behalf of our wives?

...I'm looking for my gf too.

Unless hydrothermia is an issue I tend to pad the shallow end of 70/70 these days.

To get out of the water I'd be comfortable with ?/85, I've not dove an approximate (lets not get into it) equivalent of 20/95 in 5 years.

Cameron

Tech/Deco dives: 30/70
Rec Dives: 45-50/85

did not vote....

I didn't vote. 35/85 but it depends, just like gas selection. Whatever the dive wants.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom