Fiji dive resort recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KatieMac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I couldn't figure out a Fiji trip but turns out my daughter is getting married in New Zealand in October. So it would be stupid NOT to stop in Fiji on the way back to Canada. The flight would be an additional $300 for an up-to-1-week stopover in Fiji.

I already know that Beqa Lagoon is out because it's "sharky" and my husband has no interest. So looking for recommendations on favourite all inclusive dive resort near Rainbow Reef.

We have been to Nakia Eco Resort with their dive operation Taveuni Ocean Sports four times. They are very small and boutique style. Check out TripAdvisor reviews. They are very accurate. You will not be disappointed. The resort grows most all of the food they serve. The dive operation is simply the best we have experienced in over 1000 dives.

Paradise Taveuni is worth a look

Thanks all. I need to provide some extra info. October will be a very expensive month for me due to a wedding and 6 round trip flights between canada and new zealand. So looking for something all inclusive that isn't going to cost me an extra $5000 in October.

Now thinking it doesn't have to be Fiji but must be very nice diving - and can't be a livaboard because I need wifi for work when I'm not diving

My daughter spent 2 months in Fiji last year part of which was teaching for Operation Wallacea, then stayed at Uprising Beach Resort and dived with Beqa Adventure Divers recommended by James Cook University where she was also involved in some shark research for JCU.

Beqa Adventure Divers are the only dive op allowed into the protected area and she rates them very highly.

If you don't want to break the bank, then you may want to consider not going out to Rainbow Reef, as it is going to require an additional flight and time to get to the island of Taveuni. You may want to stay on the island of Viti Levu, which is where you will likely be flying into (International Airport is in the city of Nadi). This website is a good resource. There are a couple of resorts on the north end of the island that are quite nice and adjacent to great diving in the Bligh Waters. Volivoli and Wananavu. Looks like they are offering a 30% off for a stay of 5 nights or more at Volivoli right now. Fiji

If your time (and finances) permit, I did the Nai'a LOB a few years ago. It was a bad trip because we got hit by a cyclone, but the boat and the crew were amazing. If this is a possibility, I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom