A big question about padi FITC.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dav_0

New
Reaction score
hello divers. i just have a big question about padi Freediving Instructor Traning Course.

First, I m not certified Freediver yet, but i am just thinking about it. so i searched on some programs and price. (you know something like Beginner to Instructor or Zero to Hero-like programs) and i know its not a good idea but i am just searching on it.

I am padi SCUBA instructor and considering taking freediving instructor course as well. Recently I asked one of PADI freediving shops about this, and the manager there said I don't need to be a certified MASTER freediver to take Instructor course since I am already Scuba Instructor.

For normal people, they need to take Beginner course, Advanced, MASTER and Instructor course, which is more expensive. But for me its way cheaper since i will not take MASTER course .Even tho he strongly recommended to take MASTER course separately.

I know its not a good idea not taking master course, but for me taking the cheaper programs seems better because of the price. Even if i dont take master course, after i become instructor, i can follow other training session and practice myself.

SO my question is, is it possible not to take MASTER freediving course to take FITC if i am already scuba instructor?

Directly from their website:
"To enroll in a PADI Freediver Instructor Training Course, you must be at least 18 years old, have a PADI Master Freediver certification (or have a qualifying certification), be a current Emergency First Response Instructor (or qualifying CPR/first aid instructor) and present a medical statement signed by a physician within 12 months.

Note that PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors (or higher rating) who are also experienced freedivers and have a PADI Advanced Freediver certification may apply directly for the rating by submitting a PADI Freediver Instructor Application to their PADI Regional Headquarters."

Looks like the only one you might be able to skip is the Master Course and that's ONLY if you are an experienced Freediver already and have the Advanced cert. The website almost reads like the Master cert would be the closest thing to Instructor for those not wanting to teach. The Instructor courses are also broken down into Beg, Adv, and Master so you still have other training options beyond just Instructor once you get to that point.

Hope that helps. I did a few courses a number of years ago and loved it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom