Don't fart in your drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having your friend look at your drysuit valve while you purge your fart into their face is awesome :rofl3:

I have had to come to terms with the fact that I will never do some of the greatest dives that I could have ever possibly made due to the fact that I refuse to wear/use a dry suit because of the bodily functions aspects of it. I just can’t bring myself to do it, my dive buddy wife feels the same way... The wrecks of the Great Lakes and northern Atlantic are some of my most wanted sites but I personally just can’t do a catheter/diaper/p-valve/similar
It's not a big deal

Dry suits farts are an old trick.

On the surface, after the dive, when you have your suit inflated with fart gas, call your buddy over to check your suit's dump valve. As he looks over your valve, give yourself a big squeezy hug, exhausting the gas through your valve and sharing it with your buddy.

Enjoy.

PS. I would never do this to someone. I learned this trick the hard way.
You sir, are not only a genius....but my hero too!! Tech Diver wins the internet today!!

Jay

I recall a report on SB years ago of a woman in a drysuit dealing with Warhammer.

I recall a report on SB years ago of a woman in a drysuit dealing with Warhammer.
A friend of mine did a little while ago. Sudden bout of IBS with about 20 minutes of deco yet to complete. :rofl3: Funnily enough, he had to send the suit back to the manufacturer a few days later...

I have had to come to terms with the fact that I will never do some of the greatest dives that I could have ever possibly made due to the fact that I refuse to wear/use a dry suit because of the bodily functions aspects of it. I just can’t bring myself to do it, my dive buddy wife feels the same way... The wrecks of the Great Lakes and northern Atlantic are some of my most wanted sites but I personally just can’t do a catheter/diaper/p-valve/similar

I have no p-valves or anything fitted to my drysuit.
I can get into and out of my drysuit about as easy as someone in a wetsuit.
I am a grown adult and have learnt how to control my bodily functions. So going 3-4 hours without using a toilet is childsplay most people do this and more every day at work

Hydrating a lot is important for preventing dcs. 3-4 hours comfortably without peeing while diving often means you are slightly dehydrated. That is an important dcs risk factor.

Hydrating a lot is important for preventing dcs. 3-4 hours comfortably without peeing while diving often means you are slightly dehydrated. That is an important dcs risk factor.

But if you are used to consuming 6 pints of water a day your body is used to it. If you think bugger i need to hydrate i am going diving then your body will fail you.
I pee at 6.00, 10.00 13.00 18.00 and 22.00 and use the toilet at 6.00 and 22.00

But if you are used to consuming 6 pints of water a day your body is used to it. If you think bugger i need to hydrate i am going diving then your body will fail you.
I pee at 6.00, 10.00 13.00 18.00 and 22.00 and use the toilet at 6.00 and 22.00
TMI...:shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom