COBALT COAST RESORT on GRAND CAYMAN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's an update on renovations at Cobalt Coast, posted by the resort management on Trip Advisor a few days ago, in response to a very positive review of the resort posted by a recent visitor.

"...We appreciate that you recognize we have made changes and still have some to do. We hope to have most done by the end of 2018. Remaining big projects include new bathrooms in all the rooms at our main resort that haven't already had them done. And we are looking at options for replacing or rebuilding the dive lockers but haven't landed on a final plan, yet."

@BDSC you were really smart to book the resort early at a great price but also allow plenty of time for them to renovate the property!
Thanks for the updates Kathy and I am very grateful to @BDSC for the opportunity to join the group.

Too bad you can’t join us @Damselfish :( I understand there are still a few rooms available.

you were really smart to book the resort early at a great price but also allow plenty of time for them to renovate the property!

I'll just pretend that I knew all of this was going to happen just like it has.

Hello Everyone,

I currently have a few rooms left for a trip this coming August 4th - 11th at the Cobalt Coast Resort on Grand Cayman. I have two 1-bedroom ocean front suites (could be opened up to be a 2 bedroom suite) and I have a few hotel style or garden view rooms. They are your typical rooms with 2 beds.

Price for the 1 bedroom suite is $1350 per person and the hotel style rooms are $1175 per person. This is hundreds less than their normal pricing but they gave me one heck of a deal when I booked the resort back in 2016.

Includes:
- 7 nights
- all meals
- 6 days of two tank diving
- afternoon dive to the kittywake
- unlimited shore diving
- airport transfers
- all taxes and service charges

About the only thing not included are nitrox, alcohol, and tips for the dive crew.

I will be turning these rooms back in a few months from now so if you want one of these rooms just let me know. It's a heck of a deal.

I just read a (positive) review of CCGCR on TripAdvisor stating that the pool area has been upgraded and they have added a hot tub, which is a nice feature, but since you will be going there in August you may not be very interested in the hot tub; but if you get some cool nights it might be pleasant.

I like that Reef Divers CC has added afternoon 1-tanks to the CC dive packages like LCBR & CBBR. Looking forward to taking advantage of them in August. :):bounce::bounce::bounce:

Last edited:
I just read a (positive) review of CCGCR on TripAdvisor stating that the pool area has been upgraded and they have added a hot tub, which is a nice feature, but since you will be going there in August you may not be very interested in the hot tub; but if you get some cool nights it might be pleasant.

Is soaking in a hot tub a good idea while on a multi-day diving trip? Hmm...

Their other 2 resorts have always had them, and IIRC CCGCR did once upon a time. I wouldn't jump off a boat into the hot tub, but given a reasonable amount of time I'm not worried. And if you are there's before your dive week starts, times you can't dive, and the non-diver you bring along.

I like that Reef Divers CC has added afternoon 1-tanks to the CC dive packages like LCBR & CBBR. Looking forward to taking advantage of them in August. :):bounce::bounce::bounce:
Yes, I just got an email message from Cobalt Coast confirming the 1 tank PM boat dives. I may give them another try someday, have not been there since 2008. Getting to GC is very easy, shore diving at the resort is good.

T minus 30 days and counting. :)

I’ve emailed the resort with a few questions and thought I would share the answers just in case anyone else was interested and didn’t already know.

1) The rooms do have a mini fridge, coffee maker and hairdryer.

2) Fruit, water and towels are provided on the boat.

3) Sodas and coffee available between meals at the bar but at an additional charge

Also anyone know if the shore dive there is a good night dive?

Last edited:
T minus 30 days and counting. :)

I’ve emailed the resort with a few questions and thought I would share the answers just in case anyone else was interested and didn’t already know.

1) The rooms do have a mini fridge, coffee maker and hairdryer.

2) Fruit, water and towels are provided on the boat.

3) Sodas and coffee available between meals at the bar but at an additional charge

Also anyone know if the shore dive there is a good night dive?
Thanks Lisa- I can't speak to night diving there. All of my Grand Cayman night and dawn dives have been from Sunset House or on the Kittiwake. Let us know what you think about Cobalt Coast. Looking forward to your take on things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom