subic next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sonar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Guys,

I have a few days off once I am in Manila. It's my understanding that Subic is the nearest location and that Anilao/ Batanagas is too rough at the moment. PG is a bit too far. Is there any other destination at <3 hours from manila to consider? A short live-a-board would also be an option (on the off chance my schedule matches)

I prefer a location without the naughty nightlife that makes PH so infmaous

Don't have much time to research so sorry for the limited info :(

Cheers!

Hi Sonar ,
Why would Anilao be to rough ? With the rain I think visibility in Subic is rather poor at this moment.
There are enough divesites in Anilao to find shelter.
Frank

Both Anilao and Subic are in the 2-3 hour travel time range. I guess its down to your preference.

Admittedly, Anilao was pretty rough the past two weeks due to the continuous thunderstorms. It has now passed and sunny Anilao is back! Will be there this Saturday and I'll be sure to let you know what the conditions are.

Naughty nightlife is NOT that bad in Philippines if compare with some countries in SE Asia.
Anilao: mainly macro.
Subic: wrecks
Different type of diving. Poor vis never bothered me in Subic.
The storm over last week was most unusual, no public ferry to PG for FIVE days. And I believe The Coast Guide also stopped the diving in Subic but not PG!!

I just caught this. Sorry, we've been busy diving here in Subic. Yeah, Subic just got nailed by 5 days of storms up until the 18th and both dive boats have been going out steadily since then. Some of the shallow wrecks and the New York (in the harbor) were a bit more murky then normal, however doable and are clearing up. I was just on the Skyraider and the M3 Half Tracks this morning and all was normal on those.

As far as naughty nightlife goes, yes, Barretto has a little bit of naughty nightlife, but that does not mean that anyone has to take part if you don't want too. I don't even notice the bars. Most of the business here in the Subic area is Filipino families on week and weekend vacations to the beaches! The majority of our divers come here to dive. We have a bunch of resorts and hotel choices, lots of restaurants and a couple of great sports bars. This area has a great beach town vibe, once you start diving and hanging out here, you will be in love with the place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom