3/8 UNF hose fitting reusable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marc.collin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi

i would like to create my own hose.

where can i find this kind of connector (for regulator) in usa or canada

3/8 UNF hose fitting reusable

ap50b.jpg

3/8th UNF Reusable hose fitting
3-8UNFRUHF-2.jpg

thanks

Last edited:
do you already have the crimping tools and collars available? if so, you could just ask around dive shops to see if they are about to throw out any old hoses. then salvage them for the fittings. your local parker store might also have the fittings.

No crimping required with the pictured fittings. They are reusable. Not sure why you would bother unless you are after some obscure hose length that is not available commercially.

That reusable hose end is very much like the reusable hose ends on hydraulic stuff. The reusable hose ends on hydraulics are significantly bulkier than the crimped ends. Great for field repairs or a quick home fix. They also appear to be fairly robust and leak free. The few issues I have seen are generally the hose itself has expired and someone is trying to extend the life of the hose with a new fitting not realizing the leaky old fitting was a bad hose and not a bad fitting. So I won't blanket condemn, nor endorse these types of fittings. But beware they are bulkier.

Have you found a source of hose? What are you going to attach to the other side of the hose?

Omni Swivel makes and sells these. They work great. Best if you have a vise and some rubber lube (soapy water works ok) to aide in assembly. Not cheap, but they do work well. I keep a set in my save a dive kit.

Tobin

this is good thing, and very good idea to have one this adaptor with you in travels, to quick repair you hose onboard.

But for normal usage I think it is quite expencive.
I`m already published here one simple way to make you own hoses Making your own hoses
When you have more than three-five hoses to make - it is more cost effective to use crimpers.

BTW - one our manufacturer (Respirator) used this type of hose connectors for years!
i-2736-jpg.452334.jpg

on the right side (disassembled) - it is connector from AVM-5 scuba :)
on the left side - is modern hose from same manufacturer.

So: screwing type of hose adaptor is good thing, proven for years, but has small limitation for hose pipe diameters.
When pipe is more thick or thin - you can not use it with enough safety level.

Omni Swivel makes and sells these. They work great. Best if you have a vise and some rubber lube (soapy water works ok) to aide in assembly. Not cheap, but they do work well. I keep a set in my save a dive kit.

Tobin

price is very hig like 3 times more then in germany

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom