Fins where Frog kick dominates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Those choices give me a good bit to research. Are the MARES Quatro stiff enough for flutter kicking in current. They seem to be a reasonable light choice if they live up to their hype. By the way I'm a warm water diver and the most neoprene I can envision wearing is a 5 mil.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Those choices give me a good bit to research. Are the MARES Quatro stiff enough for flutter kicking in current. They seem to be a reasonable light choice if they live up to their hype.
My son dive Mares Quattro, both frog and flutter, he does just fine

Mares Avanti Quattro + (plus) fits your exact description. I have been using these - over 180 dives - in the manner which you describe. Primarily frog kicks unless there is super strong current where I need a burst of continuous speed with scissor/flutter. In light to moderate current, the frog kick still works, especially if I stay low to the reef. I'm actually on my second pair because a DM in Cozumel was stalking customers for those exact fins in her size. She paid me for mine and gave me enough to get new ones. Supposedly they are very expensive to get in Coz.

I've been super happy with them. I replaced my straps with Highland spring straps. I wear them with my 5mm boots and am mostly a warm water vacation diver but sometimes do some local cold diving.

I've owned more fins than the free world, I finally settled on XTs for wet and Mares Power Planas for dry, the F1s were too big, shame. I almost exclusively frog kick. I won't be buying anymore fins, my search is over, much to the relief of my wallet.

Is there any fin on market that is soft and shape like turtle and have more narrow high shoe pocket ?

X DEEP are in right way http://www.xdeep.eu/fins-jet-type-technical-pr-123.html

Jet fin are originally at big numbers too stiff.

Have shoe number 47 EU that mean I think 13 in UK/ USA

Nobody has mentioned Apeks RK3 so far, but they are really good. Or RK3 HD, if you want them heavier and stiffer.

Are the MARES Quatro stiff enough for flutter kicking in current.
In my experience, they are.

I almost exclusively use a frog kick - wet or dry, EXCEPT where I need a quick acceleration, or swimming in current, where flutter is the movement of choice for me. I also dive Mares Quattros almost exclusively when diving wet, with Dive Rite XTs as my back-up fin.

Hollis F1's are great for frog kicking! A little more difficult to flutter for me but ymmv.

In 38 years diving I went from Mares Power Plana 1980 to Oms Slipstream 2005 to Deep Six Eddy Fins 2016 this are the best and special for frog kick
Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom