Do brand new tanks need a visual inspection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichaelRyanSd

Registered
Reaction score
I know the hydro is good by the stamp ( 2 months ago) but is it assume that the first stamp also includes a visual inspection?

Need visual, even brand new. Never know what can be in it. Found mummified lizard in a tank one time. How it got in who knows.

When I've bought tanks through the shop or privately I asked that the previous owner have it visualed (sp?) as part of the deal. New tanks bough at a shop would have been visualed and have the sticker, I would presume.

Need visual, even brand new. Never know what can be in it. Found mummified lizard in a tank one time. How it got in who knows.

Probably got in during the viz.

Bob

I think it's tradition in some places. Like the worm in some brands of tequila. Wards off the bad juju.

Not here in the UK, they will get a quick check when the valve is fitted. Then 2.5 years from date stamp it will be due a visual inspection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom