Key Largo in June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like the extended forecast says thunderstorms during my trip...Might have to cancel :(

It will be forecasted for thunderstorms every day, some days it will rain some days it won't. If it does rain you will probably be done with your dive trip by the time the rain comes in if you go out in the morning.

Its blistering hot, if its your open water you probably wont be deeper than 35 ft, I would just get a rash guard if you need something.

Dove there last June. My 3mm was great.

Everybody is different. I've rarely been too hot in the water. But I have been too cold. And it was miserable. If I ever do get warm, I can pull on my neck and let some water in. So I always lean on the side of too much rather than too little.

I'm just concerned the weather conditions are too bad that they cancel the dive. Ideally I'd like to dive all 5 days I'm in town.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, in the summer we get less wind so you will probably go out for sure, unless its crazy windy, which is unusual in the summer. Its only about 3 - 5 miles out to the reef too so even if there is some chop they will still go. Also when it rains down here in the summer, it usually doesn't rain long. I bet you will be able to dive everyday if you want to.

Summer time is mostly afternoon rain if any so that means most morning dives will still go out. Also I wouldn’t bet on extended forecast being correct. Just last week it was called for 80% chance of rain all day I woke up it was bright and sunny so I went freediving (no time to get buddy for scuba). I didn’t rain till about 9pm that night gray skies but no rain/thunderstorms all day.

There are some boats (everywhere) that take pride in never canceling. But I'd expect a dive operator who is doing certification dives would be more conservative. When the students are all green and unhappy, it doesn't make for a good day. Best thing is probably to just call the shop, tell them you are concerned about this, and ask them what their policy is.

no worries..that's why they call them adventure dives...right now the weather is hot and the ocean is blue...

Just finished my diving this week/vacation. I am a Certified OW Diver :D Wore boardshorts and rashguard the whole entire time. Dove a couple reefs and the Spiegel Grove. Thanks to everyone for all your posts and advice!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom