The Shearwater Teric Announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only see 'brochure' and 'where to buy' on the link provided...

I had the same problem; I refreshed my browser a couple of times, tried a different browser, and the new page appeared; the link to the manual is at the top of the new webpage. You might even have to clear your browser cache if you have been looking at that page earlier in the day.

@tcoen
On the Petrel 2 (not sure about Perdix), the timer can be configured to be displayed in the middle row on Tec Mode. It's accessed very quickly with two presses on the left button and one press on the right button. Very handy and easy to activate. I use this feature a lot. On the Teric, can the timer be displayed on the main screen? How many button presses before activating it?

Another question, is GF99 still available or is it replaced by GF Surface Value?

Hi Macan,

On the Teric, the stopwatch can be configured to be on the main screen. The Teric also has a customizable FUNC (top-right) button. You can set this to be a shortcut to the stopwatch. The first press brings up the stopwatch display. Then the next press on this button stops or starts it. So two presses of the same button. If it isn't the FUNC shortcut, then it is a few more presses to first select Stopwatch from the menu.

Note that on the Petrel/Perdix, what we called the "Timer" was really a stopwatch. We called it this because there wasn't room in the title for "stopwatch". The Teric has both a proper timer (only available in watch mode though), and the stopwatch which is available in both modes.

On the Teric both GF99 and Surface GF are available.

Best regards,
Tyler

While it's just fun stuff and not important for diving, the different colo(u)red bands and matching faces are kind of cute.

Setting the aesthetics aside, one benefit that may not be clear is the fact within dive teams it's not uncommon to have identical gear. I know with my crew we have all chose different colored wire ties or other identifying marks to keep all of our gear straight. Colored bands could help prevent a computer mix up, especially helpful if doing repetitive or diving with AI yet reading data off your buddies tx.

Will you add other language support? Or will you focus to bugs fixes new features?

Really good point.

What would be missing next is:
GPS support
Wrist-based Heart rate monitor (for outside) and/or
Chest -based HR monitor (for underwater)

If Shearwater did go down the path of a HRM it could be very interesting. e.g. imagine being able to tell the Teric to auto adjust your GF / your PP02 / etc because your HR is much higher than normal.

I imagine that a chest based strap would not always be necessary given the Decent works on your wrist (on skin).

I find a heart rate monitor having little utility when most divers who would buy a Shearwater would be wearing some kind of exposure protection which would make such feature useless.

Can you explain why? In a dry/wet suit you could have a chest HRM. For my wetsuit I can get enough exposed skin on a wrist to make a watch based HRM work (for diving, swimming is different due to wrist impacts on water during strokes).

Do we have any scientific papers about the benefits of having a real-time heart rate monitoring with deco adjustement procedures?

Cause I asked few days ago about Scubapro m2 and his heart rate monitoring and look like its not popular at all

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom