Launching a Modular DIVE computer on Indiegogo.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaman-
"We'd love to invite you in
but you'll have to update your browser first.
Please upgrade from any of the links below and come back and see us."

And since the browsers (plural) ARE fully updated....this is the kind of message I get either from malware or foolware trying to install browser add-ons that I don't allow, or because my security settings are blocking active scripting. Heck, I even had the fools at WIRED trying to tell me that they couldn't connect because I was running an ad-blocker (I wasn't) when the problem was their fool server was upset because I had JavaScript disabled. Which they think means there's an adblocker.

I would consider this if I could find a reliable housing for my Samsung S9 Plus.
Hello The Chairman.
You can have various options. If you don't wanna lose your phone underwater, I think the LenzO housing will be fit for you. It is one of the most reliable underwater housing. We also tested a lot and that was the best one. And also we sell through our website after testing all housings in maximum usage depth not just a once but more then 5 times.
Thx :)

scubaman-
"We'd love to invite you in
but you'll have to update your browser first.
Please upgrade from any of the links below and come back and see us."

And since the browsers (plural) ARE fully updated....this is the kind of message I get either from malware or foolware trying to install browser add-ons that I don't allow, or because my security settings are blocking active scripting. Heck, I even had the fools at WIRED trying to tell me that they couldn't connect because I was running an ad-blocker (I wasn't) when the problem was their fool server was upset because I had JavaScript disabled. Which they think means there's an adblocker.
Hi Rred.
Sorry to bother you.
You can find the DIVEROID mini by this link

DIVEROID mini:The first-ever modular dive computer

If you still can't reach to this site, please contact to me:
support@diveroid.com

(...) RGBM
RGBM has been proven to be not such a good algorithm. The 2011 NEDU study has shown plain Buhlmann (ZHL-B) with GF to simply be better. Plus, while this is of course a rec diving product, tec divers stick to Buhlmann for the ability to use the same algorithm as their team. Things tend to seep a little from tec into rec.

So I'd suggest adding ZHL-16B to the device or the app. It's easy to implement and will enhance market appeal somewhat.

BTW, a big question, what is doing the calculations in Diveroid - the device or the smartphone?

Possible mitigation for this issue: somehow build confidence in underwater housings?
I suppose I'd personally be willing to risk it with a reasonably inexpensive IP68 phone. Housings will never be perfectly reliable, but it just needs to keep the pressure out; water without pressure shouldn't kill an IP68 phone.

Tests have shown IP68 phones to start leaking below about 20 ft, and that pressure is reached when the enclosure is 40% full of water. Of course, you can't always react in time, but there's a

NB: Phones are usually only water resistant until their first drop or a couple years of just lying in the box, whichever comes first (tested). So a semi-dedicated phone that doesn't suffer daily use would last longer. Plus you're not risking your primary means of communication. Now to get IP68s that are cheap enough for the purpose.

I’m sorry. I feel that a cell phone is just not reliable enough for use as a DC. You’re at the mercy of a super complex operating system that is susceptible to random lock-ups, crashes and freezes. Every time that Apple or Google does an OS update, the risk of new hacks or “unintended consequences” becomes an issue. Using your cell phone as a life support device is IMO not a great idea.

I see this a not-so-great solution looking for a problem that does not exist.

Unless I'm mistaken, Weefine/Kraken smart housing, which is already on the market for ~$300, does the exact same thing - you put your smartphone inside, run an app, it connects to the housing via bluetooth and uses the pressure sensor on the housing to function as a dive computer.
There are already a dozen or so housings in the market that can be used to transform your smartphone dive computer - they all use our Smart Dive Buddy sensor and our app.
Very small adoption rate among scuba divers are most people are afraid to take their smartphone deep underwater.

Back
Top Bottom