A month in Hawaii ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mean the volcano that is currently erupting? It has been declared a federal disaster area and has resulted in loads of people being evacuated and extensive property damage, so I am not sure how much volcano sightseeing is going on right now!

According to what I've read there is no lava viewing at the moment and probably won't be for some time. There has been at least one significant explosion and more are expected. The air is bad on much of the island. New fissures have been opening up and there is some rather fast-moving lava flowing from some of them.

The Manta Ray Night Dive is a must do. I did it for the second time last month and they counted 17 mantas. I went with Kona Honu Divers and they were good. Jack's and Big Island Divers were all booked up so I'd say book at least a couple weeks in advance. They all pretty much go to the same place at the same time so the main difference would be where you sit. Kona Honu had some very good cookies on board so that's a plus in their favor.

Hi there Scubaboard ...i am spending two weeks in Oahu (19th may to 2nd june) then two weeks in The Big Island (2nd june to 19th June)...i will be diving for approximately 5 days on each island.

Hi there, hope the week on Oahu was good, if you like wrecks I think you found something interesting for sure! :) I live on Oahu but going to the big island on Thursday for a few days, looking into diving at Dog's beach (my favourite site on the BI, chances to see tigers) and snorkeling with dolphins at Captain Cooks... let's connect. :)
Carlo

If you haven't figured it out already, be sure to check out Kohala Divers in Kawaihae. They're a great outfit and will take you to the most vog-free, lightly used dive sites on the Big Island.

following along the thread.
also headed to Oahu in mid January looking for a good outfit. alot of reviews i read tell of stories with boats filled with snorkelers, beginners, with advanced divers...
any advice would be super appreciated.
btw. spending last 2 days in konami for manta and reef dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom